honda s2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honda s2000

my buddy is buying one tomorrow. whats the input........

-good buy?
    -bad buy?

anything there notorious for?

and final question, will he beat my 96 ws6?
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

No he won't beat you. The car is pretty lame until about 7000rpms. Pretty fun to drive but you feel like it's gonna blow up revving to redline. Kinda scary at first, lol.
    '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
    Stock with an irratic idle...
    (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

s2000 is very sweet. Feels great, handling is like no other car I've ever driven. The throttle response is even pretty peppy for that little 4. But yeah, you gotta rev the hell out of it, like said above. Awesome car. Take him from a light, but don't play with him in the twisties! That's one of my fav. roadsters.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

A full quarter mile race could turn into a driver's race.

Off the line, you'll have him.

And yes, he'll beat you pretty bad in the turns.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

My buddy owns about 50 cars. He has an S2000 and says it is one of the nicest cars he's owned.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Nice cars, you just have to drive it like you hate it in order to get the times. it really shines as a top down cruiser.

Comment

My Chiropractor owns one and I took it out for a day. Under 6500K it's life less. It barely gets going on its own from a stop if you don't increase the revs. It's rather dark and stark inside...I guess it's meant to be and feels a little tight around the shoulders and steering was too light for my taste. The response was amazing and yes, it would whoop up on a track as long as you keep the engine on boil. I have to admit that when the "VTEC" kicked in, you get a rather good kick in the pants. With $32K, he should have bought a WS6.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                It barely gets going on its own from a stop if you don't increase the revs.
                lol, yes. try finding a dyno sheet online. You'll see that it's powerband kicks in at like 7 grand.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Thats defiantely true I just looked one up on yahoo or whatever and it has a sharp spike starting between 6000 and 6500 going to its peak. But until that point its not very impressive. As far as the car goes, I've never gotten to ride in one but I see a lot of them on the road and they don't look to bad.
                  -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

thanks for the input guys, he was runnin his mouth(u know the guys who love hondas ) and i just needed to shut him up. his main argument was that his car weighs around 2000lbs. haha
                    thanks
                    chris
                    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
                      Thats defiantely true I just looked one up on yahoo or whatever and it has a sharp spike starting between 6000 and 6500 going to its peak. But until that point its not very impressive. As far as the car goes, I've never gotten to ride in one but I see a lot of them on the road and they don't look to bad.
                      It's actually a fairly flat torque curve. Yes, you can definitely see where the VTEC "kicks in", but if you look at the actual change - it's going from about 115 ft-lbs (lol, right? ) to about 135 ft-lbs. It's not a huge change, and the curve does remain fairly flat - albeit small - throughout the rev range.

The reason why the car feels so much faster in te higher RPM ranges is because the transmission can take advantage of the higher RPM by gearing the car lower. A car with a 9000 RPM redline making 200 ft-lbs of torque is going to feel equally as fast as a car with a 6,000 RPM redline making 300 ft-lbs of torque *if* both cars are geared so that they hit their respective redlines at the same mph.

www.kennedysdynotune.com/images/S2000%20dyno.jpg

The top graph is a supercharged S2K, the bottom is stock.
                      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by redws6
                        thanks for the input guys, he was runnin his mouth(u know the guys who love hondas ) and i just needed to shut him up. his main argument was that his car weighs around 2000lbs. haha
                        thanks
                        chris
                        I wouldn't get too cocky.

http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Honda/2001/S2000/

"1/4 mile: 14.1 sec @ 99 mph"

It definitely won't be an easy victory.

Comment

Originally posted by redws6
                          thanks
                          chris
                          They're not 2000 lbs. They are just a tick over 2800. That is still about 500-550 lbs less than our f-body's though. Once he learns to shift that thing, he will be able to give you a close run.

Comment

Later versions...05+, the ones with updated and freshen exteriors, got displacment bumps. From 2.0 to 2.2 liters...good for 10-15 ft lbs and a better torque curve.

S2K's will definately give LT1's a run for it's money...hard to mess up on shifts in one of these things too, the gates and linkage is heaven...the best box I've used.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

There pretty quick but just like everyone else said you have to red line the darn thing to get anywhere. If he know how to drive it it should be a good race.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Working...
                              X