Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dilema!!

I dont know what to do....

Tami and I went to the Chicago Auto show to look at the new Camaro and we looked at a bunch of other stuff while we were there as well. One thing that really impressed us was the new Hyundai Entourage / Kia Sedona that is coming out. fully loaded it stickers just over 31k and Tami really wants one.

We currently have an 03 Grand Caravan and owe just over 10k on it. I'm sure I could sell it for 10,500 or 11. We could then pick up the Hyundai and still only have 1 car loan, but it would have a larger payment which wouldnt be a big deal for us.

Here is my dillema....

Instead of getting the Hyundai, I could sell the Camaro, pay off the loan on the Caravan and get new loan on a used 25k Corvette. I'd like a really low mile black 2k Convertible with a 6 speed.

I'm so close! I could have the Vette, but at what expense with Tami? She has never in her life had a brand new car and really wants it bad. I must admit, I do like the Hyundai van. It is very nice with all the power options, heated leather seats, power sunroof, power doors, etc...

Argh!!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

get your woman her brand new car...... that way..when its time for you to do your thing down the road.... it will go smoothly. your young, just wait a few years, but make her happy...especially since she's never had a new car...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
      get your woman her brand new car...... that way..when its time for you to do your thing down the road.... it will go smoothly. your young, just wait a few years, but make her happy...especially since she's never had a new car...
      Agree 100%. This way, you can think about getting a used Vette in a couple years when the kids are out of daycare. With that huge expense gone, swinging two payments shouldn't be a problem. You could even roll both payments into one larger one, paying only one interest rate.

By that time, a used C6 wouldn't be totally out of the question.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        Yeah, I guess I know that is the right thing to do.

It just hurts. Maybe getting the Z back home from storage will make some of the pain go away.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Your missing the Z which makes the temptation to get the Corvette even greater. I agree with the others, get the van. Just make sure she knows where it came from! It will make getting the Corvette down the road a lot easier.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
            Your missing the Z which makes the temptation to get the Corvette even greater. I agree with the others, get the van. Just make sure she knows where it came from! It will make getting the Corvette down the road a lot easier.
            The Corvete has been a dream of mine sinse I was in highschool. Only once in my life have I ever even driven a Corvette, and that was a 1995 testdriven at a dealer. I want one so bad I can taste it. It is so close, but still so far away. Dang.

You guys are all right, the Vette is still "down the road" a ways.

I want to get a 2k because that was the year my oldest son was born. That way, when he turns 15 and gets his learners permit I can teach him how to drive stick in a car that was born the same year he was.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
            X