and the winner is?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and the winner is?????

the GTO........... yuk yuk...! at least is performance is now being recognized and not all this chit talk about "its so bland...yada yada".

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...es_comparison/

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Ken - I'm not trying to make trouble, but this is right in the article... Gary

In the end, "out of place" is how we viewed the GTO in context with the Charger. While quicker than the Dodge, the Pontiac felt less refined, less civilized, and less inviting than the Charger. Given the option to drive one, whether on a short stint or a long haul, the Charger is the obvious choice--the best musclecar for the job. Not only does it look the part--no other V-8-powered American sedan appears as ominous--but it plays the part with an involving driving experience, be it sensationally, aesthetically, or acoustically. That's a powerful argument--one we're sure Ezra Scattergood would appreciate.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

the Pontiac felt less refined, less civilized
      thats how a muscle car should be! who cares bout options, and how it drives, we got a daily driver for that
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
        thats how a muscle car should be! who cares bout options, and how it drives, we got a daily driver for that
        That opinion - while possibly the majority on this forum - is the tiny minority in the grand scheme of things. Most people want cars to be a complete package, and they don't form their preferences based solely on which car can go from 0 to 1320 feet the fastest.

If the Charger really does outshine the GTO in the areas of comfort, handling, precision, refinement, etc... then it's definitely worth giving up 3 tenths of a second in a quarter mile time in my opinion.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
          Ken - I'm not trying to make trouble, but this is right in the article... Gary

In the end, "out of place" is how we viewed the GTO in context with the Charger. While quicker than the Dodge, the Pontiac felt less refined, less civilized, and less inviting than the Charger. Given the option to drive one, whether on a short stint or a long haul, the Charger is the obvious choice--the best musclecar for the job. Not only does it look the part--no other V-8-powered American sedan appears as ominous--but it plays the part with an involving driving experience, be it sensationally, aesthetically, or acoustically. That's a powerful argument--one we're sure Ezra Scattergood would appreciate.
          thats a mag rag "opinion" dude....... i read that of course......

and dont agree. ive driven the charger....... its a beomouth

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            That opinion - while possibly the majority on this forum - is the tiny minority in the grand scheme of things. Most people want cars to be a complete package, and they don't form their preferences based solely on which car can go from 0 to 1320 feet the fastest.

If the Charger really does outshine the GTO in the areas of comfort, handling, precision, refinement, etc... then it's definitely worth giving up 3 tenths of a second in a quarter mile time in my opinion.
            you really think it does? LOL

drive em both.............

Comment

then again the more bare bones the car and the more power it has, the happier i am
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

SRT-8 GTO
                Base Price $38,095 $33,690
                Price As Tested $43,805 $33,690

Hmm...I will take the GTO, and save the 5-10 grand for mods.hehe
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                  the GTO........... yuk yuk...! at least is performance is now being recognized and not all this chit talk about "its so bland...yada yada".

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...es_comparison/
                  I never understood why people complained about the GTO being bland, these were the same people complaining that the Trans Am was too loud. Guess you can't win at all.
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I like the GTO a lot but - and it KILLS me to say this cause I have always hated Dodge - but I'll take the SRT8.
                    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                      I like the GTO a lot but - and it KILLS me to say this cause I have always hated Dodge - but I'll take the SRT8.
                      son, you can have it

Comment

While the GTO may be "bland", the Charger is downright UGLEE . Besides, it is a four door and four doors are family cars in my opinion no matter how they perform. Give me a good solid well performing coupe anyday.........the GTO fits that bill.
                        2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

The thing about the GTO with me is how they can look "plain" in some photos. However, everytime I see one on the street, I snap my head around everytime. They really are nicer in person. One of those "photos don't do it justice" cars... At least for me.

As far as the Charger goes, it's a nice car, but far too pricey for what it is. The GTO's interior is one of the nicer ones I've seen anyway. I don't think the Charger's interior is any better.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I had an 04 GTO (non appearance package, obviously) following me and man did it look mean! The way the headlights just seem to scowl at you...
                            Greg W. in West Michigan
                            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                            <Motor out

Comment

All the SRT-8 models are kick ass. I'd drive a Grand Cherokee SRT-8 anyday. A buddy of mine just got one about a month ago, and I gotta say I think the 425 HP rating is a little underrated! It is one mean machine....and it looks pretty damn good as well.

It's funny I never was really crazy about the new GTO's body, but after seeing half a dozen nitro funny cars and Pro Mods this weekend using the new GTO body, I sorta changed my mind on the GTO's front end. Scott Cannon even flipped one on it's lid tumbling from the 330 all the way to the finish line. He was alright and the GTO just had a few scratches.

Comment

Working...
                              X