Another Ebay False Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Ebay False Ad

Unreal. I'm not usually overly concerned with how dealerships run their ads, but this one prompted me to send a short email. They're claiming this Formula to have the WS6 package simply because the previous owner slapped the emblem on the back.

Ebay ad.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

That looks like a 6 cylinder? no?

The interior looks awful.

Comment

it's an 8...check the speedo.

I hate shiny interiors...too much armor-all!

no Formula WS6 in 2002...don't even have a ram air hood.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
        it's an 8...check the speedo.

I hate shiny interiors...too much armor-all!

no Formula WS6 in 2002...don't even have a ram air hood.

Exactly. Plus, they show a close up of the "16 wheels.

I guess all it takes to add value to your car on trade in is putting an emblem on it from a higher model.

I'm going to put a Yenko emblem on my Bravada and trade it in towards a new Envoy.
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
          I guess all it takes to add value to your car on trade in is putting an emblem on it from a higher model.

I'm going to put a Yenko emblem on my Bravada and trade it in towards a new Envoy.

Ohhh, I might have to do that on mine. I could use the extra money
          Richard Harvey Jr.
          '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

I sent an email to ebay informing them of the deception...let's see what happens.
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              I sent an email to ebay informing them of the deception...let's see what happens.

Good for you! Please let us know if you receive a response.
              R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

I directly emailed the dealership twice. I received no response. I just emailed them again under a different email address telling them I'm interested in the car. As soon as I get that response, I'll let them know it's a BS ad.
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

Didn't WS6's come loaded with 17's and leather? And a CD player?
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                    Didn't WS6's come loaded with 17's and leather? And a CD player?
                    WS6 formulas didn't all have leather...if it did, however, the seats were just regular seats covered in leather...not the hard back adjustable ones in T/A's. Convertable WS6s came with 16 inchers also.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                      WS6 formulas didn't all have leather...if it did, however, the seats were just regular seats covered in leather...not the hard back adjustable ones in T/A's. Convertable WS6s came with 16 inchers also.
                      Exactly. Plus this car has an aftermarket CD head unit in it anyway. It would have come with the Monsoon either way.

Another great thing about this ad is how they are talking up the "tribals" on the side of the car as some kind of upgrade or feature.

BTW - Three emails to the dealership and still no response... Including the one where I used a different email address and acted interested in the car. Way to sell a car, fellas.
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

Sent my second email to the seller.

Also, I put in a second complaint to ebay on him.. Next step, I'll start sending individual emails to the high bidders, asking them to retract their bids.

I'm on a mission now...can't stand liers

"Don't get me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"
                        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Victory!!

The auction was ended. I guess the pressure was enough to get the buyer to retract the item and end the sale.

We won!!

I feel better knowing a future F-body owner wasn't deceived...
                          Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                            The auction was ended. I guess the pressure was enough to get the buyer to retract the item and end the sale.

We won!!

I feel better knowing a future F-body owner wasn't deceived...
                            Either that or they just sold it locally. It was a dealership afterall, they could have just fooled a local into buying it.
                            Dave M
                            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                              Exactly. Plus this car has an aftermarket CD head unit in it anyway. It would have come with the Monsoon either way.

Another great thing about this ad is how they are talking up the "tribals" on the side of the car as some kind of upgrade or feature.

BTW - Three emails to the dealership and still no response... Including the one where I used a different email address and acted interested in the car. Way to sell a car, fellas.
                              Check it again, its a aftermarket tape deck . I figure the owner wouldn't replace a stock CD with a tape deck. That seems kinda silly.
                              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
                              X