Need an honest opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an honest opinion

To make a long story short, I currently am attending WyoTech. My grades have put me in the top 2% of the school, and my attendance is perfect. I currently am in the Mercedes and BMW programs at school. When I graduate, hopefully, I should have a job at one of these places. If this works out, I should be making some nice money out of school. Here's the dilemma...

What muscle car to buy????

I plan on having some projects, but I do not want to wait 3 years to build my own car perfectly. I do plan on buying either an all original or fully restored car with lower miles from one of the classic car dealerships here around Chicago. I've already talked with reps from both companies, and based off of how much they have payed grads just out of school, and the fact that I already have great credit, I figure that I can probably go up to the 30K range.

I absolutely cannot decide what to get. Who better to ask than some people who obviously have great taste in cars

What I'm leaning towards

'70 cuda (hahahahahaha...if I find one under 150k ill be surprised)
    76 t/a
    69 or 73 camaro
    Possibly a grand national, gnx if im luckly
    possibly an 89 TTA
    late 60's buick gsx
    70 chevelle
    69 gto
    69 charger
    70 or 71 challenger...PURPLE PLUM CRAZY!!!!!

Any more ideas...what do you guys think.

I'm already starting the search
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Home Depot stock. Hersheys is good stock too.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Awesome list. Can't go wrong with any of those.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Of those cars I'd take the 69 charger.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Pro Street Chevette, Baby!!!!!

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I'd go with the 89 TTA or something thats not on your list....a 70/71 Trans Am 455
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Oldsmobile 442's are amazing. From your list, I'd go with the Chevelle or Challenger.
              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
              SOLD- Good riddance!
              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

69 camaro or chevlle....sweet...
                1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                  Home Depot stock. Hersheys is good stock too.
                  Ahhhh! I'm trying to buy a car and you have to make me feel more adult like and responsible with your stock remarks!

I actually do plan on investing after I save up some extra $$$...I just need to be more educated on the market before I make any decisions.

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                  Pro Street Chevette, Baby!!!!!
                  HAHAHAHAHA....that's awesome.

The 442 was another I had in mind, but those cars I listed were all pretty much cars I've drooled over since I was in diapers.

The early 2nd gen t/a's are also good.

Just more and more thinking
                  black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                  X