Thinking of starting a website, would like input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of starting a website, would like input

I'm considering starting a website devoted to bettering the world in which we live. It would simply be a site that would hopefully encourage and inspire people to do a little something to make the community they live in better; i.e. volunteer for a good cause, donate money to charity, take part in the political process, etc.

I'm looking for ideas on what features to put into the site. Some things I've come up with are a database of volunteer opportunities (these already exist on the web, I could link to them), instructions on how to register to vote, ways to conserve our natural resources, perhaps a forum where people could share their ideas for making the world better.

What features would be good for a site like this? How could this site inspire you or someone else to get invloved?

Also, if you have ideas on how to make a difference in the world, or want to share what you do to help your community, I'd love to hear them. (Serious suggestions only, please. I don't want to see anything like "kill all the liberals". I'd like to see serious suggestions.)

BTW, this will not be an income generating website. I would make no money from this, but the site may be ad-supported to defray operating costs.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

volunteer and devote a little time now and then to assistng with animal rescue organizations......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

You could have a nice fun one stop web page for you comunity. Lots of fun graphics so that kids and adults can navigate it with ease. Maybe a section of community events like fun raisers and races or concerts. Another section on local clean up news and special dates (check goverment and school web pages) for garbage clean up and comunity suport.

Maybe a flash game where your timed to pick up garbage and put it in a trash can.

How about a plant a tree page where on a google map you can post where you panted a tree in your nabourhood and years from now you can visit them that would be cool.

above all the web site should be varry fun and easy to navigate so people will use it good luck sounds like a fun plan.
      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

I think those ideas are all great. The ones I thought of were listed there right away. A message board might be nice too in order to allow people to post about events in the community that people might want to attend or something along those lines. That would be a great idea I think. Kid and adult friendly would make it a great site.
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Working...
        X