opinion on this tire - wolfman?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinion on this tire - wolfman?

Nitto NT 450. How is this tire? Treadwear is only 300. How long should I expect that to last? 4 tires for 400 bucks shipped to me on ebay. I was thinking about it, as another rear tire has fell victim to the pot hole my college calls a parking lot, and I'm in need of new tires and an alignment anyway.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

UTQG treadwear grades are worse for comparison than EPA "av. fuel mileage figures" ...so, for what its worth.... Nito's are known for fast wear out.... I'd say 20k or less on those, for the front anyway...and if you burn some rubber back aft...quicker than cheeta's in the back.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I had 450s on my 16 inches before I upgraded to my current WS6. In all honestly, they are ok. I rode on them well over 40K and they still looked perfect. They cut through water like nothing. I loved them for the wet traction, but dry was ok and respose was alright too...but they were 16 inchers so I'm comparing them to my 17s.

My current 555's are going on 75K and they are in need of replacment, but they still look like I can get another 3-5K on them. I guess I drive like a nanny...I bought them when my car had 115K on the clock and with 189K on the ticker now...I got my monies worth.

Nittos are good tires...kinda old tech from what I hear, but reliable and consistant performance all year round.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I bought the tires. Yeah wolf, I got kumho's up front with like 20K and they're bald. Hopefully these last about that long.

Lim, you sold me on the tires, I bought them today. I just hate buying tires without a warranty, but 400 shipped for new nitto's sounded like a steal to me. Belle would have wanted twice that.

Lim, how were they off the line? Say at the track. Do they launch well or do you get a lot of hop? With the Kumho's I had, from a roll if I punched it my car went sideways. I want it to just grip and go. Will these do the trick?
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

remember this day................

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
            remember this day................

?! What do you mean? It isn't a bad tire is it??

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              Lim, how were they off the line? Say at the track.
              the 450s were good...no wheel hop. I spun them quite easy though, I guess because they were 245's instead of 275's. The 555s on the other hand were great new. After 3-4K they stuck like a scared cat on carpet. But as the wore, they lost traction...not much, but they got easier to spin...as with all our cars, we can light em' up, but they stick well if you don't dig too deep right off the line.

Originally posted by wolfman
              remember this day.................
              Quit holding out Wolfie...if there's somein' you know, spill the beans.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Got the tires put on the car yesterday. They feel great. Huge step up from the Kumho 711's I had on there before. The grip is great, it doesn't go sideways anymore. They're not even broken in yet either. I'm happy. I just hope they last at least 25k.

Comment

keep an eye in the grooves of the tires, if you notice any tiny cracking of the surface rubber let me know......asap.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                    Got the tires put on the car yesterday. They feel great. Huge step up from the Kumho 711's I had on there before. The grip is great, it doesn't go sideways anymore. .
                    For now. Be careful as the tread wears and they harden. It will get pretty greasy by half tread. Worse if you get them really hot from burnouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      For now. Be careful as the tread wears and they harden. It will get pretty greasy by half tread. Worse if you get them really hot from burnouts.
                      yup..ie: my last post. ShoreA goes up....hense forth rubber stress cracks, which can lead to moisture migration to the belt package.

Comment

Working...
                      X