Will I win?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I win?

My Brother-in-law just picked up a 2004 Mustang GT. Not the Mach I but the standard GT with a 5 speed tranny. Bone stock. He will probably do a cat back exaust and intake but not before I convince him to go to the track for a grudge night event. He let me drive it and it was so-so, by all means a nice car, but it did not have the seat of the pants HP that my car has. I think I should be able to take him without much effort. Thoughts???
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

It will be close based on your sig numbers. An 04 GT should run high 13s low 14s
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

As you are now, you should have him but not by much. Do a little more to the car and its a done deal
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

If you hook hard out of the hole and get the advantage, it's all you. If you are late or spin...... you might get clipped.

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
          It will be close based on your sig numbers. An 04 GT should run high 13s low 14s
          I was banking on the following info: 2004 Ford Mustang GT, 0-60:6.3, 1/4 mile:14.8 Is this info bogus? It came from Here

Also, no offense ment as he is my brother-in-law, but his isn't the best driver. While he rows the gears, my A4 should help on the 1320.
          2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
          buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
          Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Originally posted by tclelland
            I was banking on the following info: 2004 Ford Mustang GT, 0-60:6.3, 1/4 mile:14.8 Is this info bogus? It came from Here

Also, no offense ment as he is my brother-in-law, but his isn't the best driver. While he rows the gears, my A4 should help on the 1320.
            The new gen Stangs are faster than the old ones. But that time is also pretty poor for an 04 GT.

With 13.8 @ 100 being your best, I think this has the potential to be pretty close.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
            X