MadZ28 tune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadZ28 tune

Just ordered it. I know i'm basically stock, but they claim about 13 hp so i figure that is pretty good for 80 bucks. Not to mention they'll firm up my shifts and lower the temps that my fans come on. Can't wait till it comes in.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

I ordered a tune from PCMforless a couple years ago for my A4 LT1. I had just gotten new 3.42's isntalled. I had used a superchips tune before that, but ended up selling the tuner. I needed softer shifts for everyday use. A hard shift in a turn with too much gas in an auto brought me too close to breaking the back end loose. Not good for quick merging onto Jersey roads!

Brian, if I remember right, did a good job. My car was basically stock. I had shorty headers, the gears, couple free mods, and a cold air intake. The biggest thing I noticed was throttle response. That and maybe a slight increase in gas milage.

I've heard good things about MadZ28 too. They provide a good product from what I hear. I don't know about 13HP. But you should notice a difference. If you get a chance, post your opinion. I'm curious what you think of it.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
      But you should notice a difference. If you get a chance, post your opinion. I'm curious what you think of it.
      Will do, I've heard that MadZ28 was just as good as PCMforless but i checked out their prices and madz28 won hands down. They were $80 plus core charge vs. $125 plus core charge. We'll see how it affects the 1/4 time and mph.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
      X