Humbled a GTO today!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbled a GTO today!!!!!

Beautiful day... sunny and 55... met my mom and her boyfriend for lunch in Birmingham, right off Woodward. They hadn't been for a ride in my car since I've "broken it in".

I'm at a stoplight, and they want me to show them what it's got. Just so happens, an LS2 GTO is right next to us. I wasn't really looking for a race, I just wanted to give my passengers a nice ride. I laid on it off the line, and all of a sudden hear tires squeal behind me, coming from the GTO . So, I continued to lay in to it - all the way to redline, grab second, and stay in it. By now, I've stopped pulling away from him, but he still isn't making up any ground. I hit 60, and let off... so does he. He pulls up next to me, tells me to roll my window down, and says, "hey, let's go again - this time when I'm ready to race." Sounds fair - I don't think either one of us were really looking for a race the first time, it just kinda happened. I nod and agree. I watch the cross-traffic light turn amber, rev to 3500, count 5 seconds, GREEN! GO! I hook up and take off with an early advantage, he spins a little, and starts going... but I had such an advantage off the launch he's quickly a couple car lengths behind and he lets off and gives up. No excuses this time, pal! You were beat!!!!! hahahahah...

I know my advantage comes from the AWD, and I really start losing my lead as soon as I grab 3rd... but from 0-60, this baby is strong. No question in a full drag race, I'd be looking at tail lights, but from stoplight-to-stoplight... AWD rules, LS2 drools!!!!!!

muhahahahaha...
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
    but from stoplight-to-stoplight... AWD rules, LS2 drools!!!!!!

muhahahahaha...

One of these days I gotta get something AWD with a bulletproof drivetrain.

Comment

Nicely done. That is the reason I've been thinking about getting a Lancer Evo for a spare car. I drove one a month ago that was lightly modded. OMG, I'll bet that car would run high 12s all day long.

Fun stuff my friend. Thanks for sharing.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

bull chit

try it with me

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
          Nicely done. That is the reason I've been thinking about getting a Lancer Evo for a spare car. I drove one a month ago that was lightly modded. OMG, I'll bet that car would run high 12s all day long.

Fun stuff my friend. Thanks for sharing.
          Norman, do you need another spare car in case your other 6 or 7 spare cars quit running?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
            bull chit

try it with me
            MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Is your LS2 GTO faster than his LS2 GTO???
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Good kill Jay. Nice to see one of those get owned.

Wolf, i know you have a lot of GTO pride, but you really think you're gonna take AWD in a short race? Jay has beaten an LS2 GTO off the line. You call BS. You think you could beat him in his own race? Prove it.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

These AWD cars are awesome on the dig.

Alot of these newer charged 4 cylinder cars are really impressive. I got to drive an SRT-4 the other day and I have to admit that thing will easily pull on a stock LT1 f-body. Those little 'Neons' are an easy 12 second car with just a few very minor tweaks. I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                  Good kill Jay. Nice to see one of those get owned.

Wolf, i know you have a lot of GTO pride, but you really think you're gonna take AWD in a short race? Jay has beaten an LS2 GTO off the line. You call BS. You think you could beat him in his own race? Prove it.

he said to "60mph". sure, the jump is his, but the 0-60 is mine.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Is your LS2 GTO faster than his LS2 GTO???
                    bet im a better driver. do the math. 0-60

the 60' doesnt always win the race

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                      These AWD cars are awesome on the dig.
                      w00t!!!!!!

I was happy. Oh, and BTW, it was great to see the "rides" coming back out to Woodward. So a Viper SRT-10, C6 Z06, Ford GT, 911 Turbo, Audi RS4... among others today

Comment

A car can have a slower 0-60, and still be ahead when it hits 60. The other car would be gaining and overtaking, because it would be moving faster since it hit 60 mph faster - but that by no means guarantees that the car with the faster 0-60 time would be in the lead.

Just like how a car can trap 105, and beat a car that traps at 110.

Comment

A car can have a longer 0-60, and still be ahead when it hits 60.

Just like how a car can trap 105, and beat a car that traps at 110.
                          thats my point. i drag raced for 10 years, your'e not talking to a dumbarse, boy.

Comment

thats my point. i drag raced for 10 years, your'e not talking to a dumbarse, boy.
                            That wasn't your point. You're point was that because your 0-60 time is faster than mine, you would therefore be ahead of me when you reached 60 mph. And it's just not that cut-and-dry.

No one is arguing you would win in the quarter mile.

Comment

That wasn't your point. You're point was that because your 0-60 time is faster than mine, you would therefore be ahead of me when you reached 60 mph. And it's just not that cut-and-dry.

No one is arguing you would win in the quarter mile.

hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

got cha going eh?!!!!! LOL

nice kill.

had to have some fun with it...esp. with raro... i knew he's get his hair up with my posts... LOL

but seriously, you did have passengers, and from 0-60..thats pretty hard to believe you beat that goat........ but...."on any given sunday" as the old movie went.

im outter here for dinner.........

yall have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X