My Jeep...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jeep...

...got broken into last night. I have it parked at work (a church) and it was on the way for these punks to some of the soda machines. Who the @#%$#$^$%#@$^#$^ breaks into a church and sleeps at night?!?!?! WHO?!?! Ugh, I need some time on my punching bag.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

At least it wasn't the GN or Z.... I know that's probably not helping much.

Did they take anything?
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
      At least it wasn't the GN or Z.... I know that's probably not helping much.

Did they take anything?
      If it was the GN, I'd be in jail by now

They took the couple pairs of shades I had in there (including the pair I bought from Jeep that are no longer made) and my ash-tray with change in it. Trying to find a matching replacement is going to be a pain. Left the stereo and everything else...stupid @$#%$^#$^#
      Steve

Comment

A long time ago someone broke into my old church and stole a bunch of PA equipment. Somehow they got 2 microphones that were hanging about 20 feet in the air from the ceiling. I still haven't figured out how they did that. Scums.

The state of Georgia is in the process, if not already done, to give someone the right to shoot to kill if anyone breaks into your house. They have extended the rights to in public too. They even added that no one can bring a civil case against you if you do too. All opposed say it will bring anarchy. They did it in Florida several years ago and they didn't break out into anarchy. So much for that theory.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Police dusted for prints, couldn't find one. Bah!!! Man I wish I could get 5 min. alone with these punks. Grrrrr!!!

Anyways, anyone care to venture a guess as to what the window will cost to replace? I've got a nice tax return coming, but it won't be for a few weeks. Thanks guys.
          Steve

Comment

My insurance covers all glass with a $0 deductable. You might call and ask.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Call Safelite. I've always used them to replace auto glass. They are very quick to come out and have always been very professional. My insurance also cover all glass with a zero deductible.(Farmers Ins.) On your Jeep, that side glass shouldn't be more than $150-$175 if you just pay outright.

One time I was eating lunch with an old Pastor of mine who I was pretty good friends with. I was helping him do some renovations to the Church and we had the church 16" flatbed trailer attached to my truck parked right outside in the Church front parking lot. We were only inside maybe 20-25 minutes.....came out........and the friggin trailer was gone!

Some knucklehead had taken the time to disconnect the trailer and steal it from the Church parking lot right in the middle of broad daylight! Shameless.....

Comment

Called my agent this morning and was told the policy doesn't cover vandalism (which is what I would assume this would fall under). I suppose I could try asking again, mentioning its a broken window specifically.

I'm assuming Safelite isn't a local company...right?
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                  Called my agent this morning and was told the policy doesn't cover vandalism (which is what I would assume this would fall under). I suppose I could try asking again, mentioning its a broken window specifically.

I'm assuming Safelite isn't a local company...right?
                  Safelite is nationwide.

www.safelite.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                    Police dusted for prints, couldn't find one. Bah!!! Man I wish I could get 5 min. alone with these punks. Grrrrr!!!
                    Steve, if you find em, gimme a call. I'd like to see that my Muay Thai training goes to good use
                    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                    SOLD- Kinda miss it
                    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                    SOLD- Good riddance!
                    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                      Safelite is nationwide.

www.safelite.com
                      Sweet, thanks man.

Originally posted by Nightrage
                      Steve, if you find em, gimme a call. I'd like to see that my Muay Thai training goes to good use
                      lol You're assuming there'd be anything left . But I'll still be sure to give you a call anyways
                      Steve

Comment

I had a broken window from vandalism a few years back on my wife's old car. When I first called, they told me the same thing. Not covered under vandalism. I called back and spoke to someone else. I told them it was split and I just removed it because I was afraid it would hurt someone in the car if it were to completely break. They replaced it the next day, no charge.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I don't know if that'll work in this situation though since the Jeep only has liability. Thanks for the suggestion though Greg
                          Steve

Comment

Bummer...... people have too much time on their hands to get into trouble.

Comment

don't do safelite, my father has been doing windows for over 20 years now and safe light is pretty much the worst you can get, they don't put the molding on right and they use they're own glass which isn't right most of the time. You will most likly end up with an inferior product which will be prone to cracking because of improperly installed moldings or lack of them, i've had to help my dad cut out a lot of these windows just becasue a lot are just glued in, if you can find a compay that use OEM windows then do it, places like speedy, novus, and other what not will be your best bet. but then again its your money but i know i bought my car with safelite window and because of the lack of molding i have a crack across the whole windshield so me and my father are going to have to replace it. yey for quality work
                              1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Working...
                              X