• Show
Clear All

• hmmmm

MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO

David M. Bresnahan
    April 7, 2006
    NewsWithViews.com

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and dont enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,

David M. Bresnahan

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

LOL

This is sure to spark some debate!

Comment

That is good.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Pres Fox is a Dope. No eggs. No Brains.

(Presidente Fox es el dopa. No huevos. No Sesos)

Comment

That's soooo true. I'm not sure how at failt Bush is for it, but the rest is right on the money. I work in downtown Dallas and this past weekend all the illegal mexicans were "marching" downtown to protest and whine and make demands and what-not. I stopped at a gas station on my way home and was standing there pumping my gas when I got this huge whiff of marijuana smoke. I was like...WTH? I turn around to see this beat up old thundrbird with a scraggly looking old white guy pumping gas into it and this shirt-less greasy looking mexican guy smoking a joint, bigger'n chit. The car was pretty much full of smoke. And who is in the backseat? Probably his gf or wife, a mexican woman with two kids who couldn't have been over 3 or 4 , who weren't even in child seats or belted in for that matter. I was almost immediately livid. I was looking up and down the intersection for a cop to flag down but came along before they drove off. Who knows if the white guy who was driving was smoking too or not. But I felt really sorry for those kids. I would have loved to have been a cop stopping those worthless excuses for parents. That letter to the pres should have included another stipulation:

I want to be able to bring all the illegal drugs with me I can carry and abuse them and sell them to any of your citizens, and consume all the alchohol I can and fire my gun into the air while I am floor licking-drunk at my backyard party playing my crappy music loud enough for people back at home to hear. Oh, and I am going to bring 15 of my family members and we are going to all live in the same 3 bedroom house in a neighborhood that is already populated by my fellow (illegal) americans and we will slowly drag the area down into a nice, crime-ridden slum. Gotta love living in a border state.

I had a good idea: They should have gotten about 200 immigration officers per big city where all these demostrations were being held and waited until everyone was there protesting and then just rounded those suckers up. If you can't prove you are here legally, your sorry arse gets zip-cuffed, stuck on a bus, and hauled back to the border. I also think that countries should make it a federal crime for any of their citizens to illegally immigrate to another country. That way, when we drop the leeches off at the border, they can be arrested or fined or whatever by their own country's authorities. Ahhh....if I was only in charge here.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

That IS good. I've been leary of these pending changes for a long time.

Comment

Border crossing....

A guy was traveling through Mexico on vacation when, lo and behold, he lost his wallet and all identification. Cutting his trip short, he attempts to make his way home but is stopped by the Customs Agent at the border.
              "May I see your identification, please?" asks the agent.
              "I'm sorry, but I lost my wallet," replies the guy. "Sure, buddy, I hear that every day. No ID, no crossing the border," says the agent.
              "But I can prove that I'm an American!" he exclaims.
              "I have a picture of Ronald Reagan tattooed on one butt cheek and a picture of George Bush on the other."
              "This I gotta see," replies the agent.
              With that, Joe drops his pants and bends over in front of the agent.
              "By golly, you're right!" exclaims the agent. "Go on home to Boston ."
              "Thanks!" he says. "But how did you know I was from Boston ?"
              The agent replies, "I recognized the picture of Ted Kennedy in the middle."
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

haha awesome post!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

so true. It makes me sick that all those illegals come over here and get all the benefits that us American's work hard for.

I am Mexican myself. I don't hate the people, they're just looking for a better life, same reason this country was founded. I can't blame them. If we were offered those things and didn't have to do anything in return, I'm sure we'd all take it.

It's the law makers that get on my nerves. They need to start cracking down on this. Deporting people, etc... Or at least change the laws. It just doesn't make sense.... Makes me sick... I pay taxes, they don't, then it's my money that's paying their expenses. Sick. Just sick.
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

What gets me is how the media uses the term "anti immegrant" like it is some buzz phrase.

Nobody is trying to stop immigration. It is the Illegal immigration that has to stop.

Somehow the media conveniently leaves out the word illegal, making it sound like all immigrants are being demonized.

I'm all for legal immigration. Pack the illegals up in busses and get them the heck out of here. Then, lets make a national ID card and a guest worker program that makes it easier for them to come here legally to work. I dont have a problem with them coming to work, I just dont like seeing them come here to have babies and abuse our generosity.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                      That way, when we drop the leechesoff at the border, they can be arrested or fined or whatever by their own country's authorities. Ahhh....if I was only in charge here.
                      I think using the word leech is a little excessive, especially for a hard working group of people who only seek a better life. Also keep in mind that there are members of this forum who are from and live in Mexico. I personally find it offensive, so you might want to tone it down!

My take on illegal immigration is that it is a problem. A big problem! Even with the increased number of people leaving the state of California, due to the rocketing real estate market, traffic has only gotten worse. What's happening is that more and more illegal immigrants are craming into smaller spaces, and affecting many things from traffic to classroom sizes. I know this is only part of the problem, but it's an obvious one, among others, that can't be overlooked anymore. I think the solution to this crisis would be for Mexico to undergo some serious economic reform through a free market economy and the help of U.S. investors. The economy is why people try so hard to leave the country. I believe that would ecourage the people of Mexico to stay where they want to be and not where they feel they should go.
                      1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

There are only a FINITE amount of social services for only a FINITE amount of Citizens. There are only a FINITE amount of citizens funding a FINITE amount of taxes which support the FINITE amount of social services.

Allowing an INFINITE amout of people to cross the borders, and use the FINITE amount of social resources created for a FINITE amount of citizens with finite resources themselves, INFINITELY without end, as it currently stands, allows for only a FINITE amount of time before the entire social system collapses. WE ALL KNOW THIS -

Immigration should be treated like a bad water leak in the basement. You dont bail with buckets, to get rid of the excess water until you at first stop the leak !
                        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                        pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                          There are only a FINITE amount of social services for only a FINITE amount of Citizens. There are only a FINITE amount of citizens funding a FINITE amount of taxes which support the FINITE amount of social services.

Allowing an INFINITE amout of people to cross the borders, and use the FINITE amount of social resources created for a FINITE amount of citizens with finite resources themselves, INFINITELY without end, as it currently stands, allows for only a FINITE amount of time before the entire social system collapses. WE ALL KNOW THIS -

Immigration should be treated like a bad water leak in the basement. You dont bail with buckets, to get rid of the excess water until you at first stop the leak !
                          I like that analogy.
                          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red

Good analogy. I agree that the source of this illegal immigration should be the focus. We should also be working on a concurrent plan to manage the immigrants who are already here.

Comment

Good letter.

My boss said something yesterday that was interesting - if we were to pass the fair tax, then all the illegals would be paying taxes too.
                              Wifey to Jeff in ATL

Comment

Working...
                              X