Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not one to to normally voice political views, but this guy has to go....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not one to to normally voice political views, but this guy has to go....

The Iranian president needs to be taken out. All he seems to be doing is stirring up the rest of the world and demanding to be the dominant superpower. Mark my words, there is going to be a major confrontation. It wouldn't suprise me if Israel took matters into their own hands and eliminate the threat.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060414/...ZhBHNlYwM3MjE-

Yea I read that. What I want to know is why the rest of the world has stood up and said enough. No they will leave it to the US to take care of like everything else then blame Bush for it all.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      they will leave it to the US to take care of like everything else then blame Bush for it all.
      Isn't that always the case...if we don't do it, who will? Lets see how they turn this one around shall we?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well I am less 10 minutes away by missile and so are thousands of American troops. This is very complicated. We will see what happens.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Any actions on this one need to be endorsed by the UN and backed by all the major powers. If Bush pushes to have the US do something on their own, it will be a major mistake.
          2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
            Well I am less 10 minutes away by missile and so are thousands of American troops. This is very complicated. We will see what happens.
            Bob, I am curious how the run of the mill Iraqi people feel about Iran and it's latest sabre rattling?

Comment

Did you also see this story? http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060414...IyBHNlYwMxNjk2

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                Bob, I am curious how the run of the mill Iraqi people feel about Iran and it's latest sabre rattling?
                I don't speak or read Arabic. I haven't sat down with an Iraqi in over a year.

Most Iraqis are Shia Muslims. Most Persians are also Shia.

Shia are a minority in the Muslim world. Most are Sunni.

I'll post more tommorrow. It's already Saturday AM here.

Bob
                Presently in Kuwait

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

It certainly appears to be headed into another conflict similar to the 1967 Arab-Israeli war.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
                    Any actions on this one need to be endorsed by the UN and backed by all the major powers. If Bush pushes to have the US do something on their own, it will be a major mistake.
                    And if the UN lives up to their reputation of being week and non confrontational what do we do? It sounds like you are saying nothing which means allowing them to continue and develop a nuclear weapon. They are saying here they want to destroy a country. The are developing a weapon to do just that. You want to let them continue? The UN is not going to stop them. What is your solution?
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                      And if the UN lives up to their reputation of being week and non confrontational what do we do? It sounds like you are saying nothing which means allowing them to continue and develop a nuclear weapon. They are saying here they want to destroy a country. The are developing a weapon to do just that. You want to let them continue? The UN is not going to stop them. What is your solution?
                      My bet is Israel will take matters into their own hands and strike the enrichment facility. They have done it before, they would be likely to do it again.

Comment

Send in the Frenchies.......

Comment

Remember.......Israel bombed the Osiraq nuclear plant near Baghdad in 1981 for similar reasons.
                          http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/3014623.stm

More info on my guess:

http://www.professorbainbridge.com/2...real_do_i.html

http://www.rediff.com/us/2003/aug/29iran.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
                            Send in the Frenchies.......
                            LOL Yeah, right. About the only way they would go in is if we strapped their @$$'S to our bombs and dropped them into the country.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                              Remember.......Israel bombed the Osiraq nuclear plant near Baghdad in 1981 for similar reasons.
                              While I do not necessarily disagree, keep in mind the logistics of any such operation. The Osirik reactor was a single target, and Baghdad is much closer to Israel than is Iran. The distances involved -- not to mention advances in detection and air defenses in the last 25 years -- make it far more difficult to conduct such an operation today.

Also, the Iranians have widely dispersed their production facilities and "hardened" them, in some cases by building them deep underground.

More targets (requiring a larger number of aircraft, which are more difficult to coordinate and easier to detect), hardened targets that are more difficult to destroy, greater distances (giving more time for detection and necessitating aerial refueling), and more likelihood of interception from defending forces.

Whether we do it or the Israelis do it (or both), it won't be as easy or "neat" as it was a quarter century ago.

But if it isn't done, things will be worse. Much worse. IMHO.
                              R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Working...
                              X