This Mexican boycott stuff is going waaaay too far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Mexican boycott stuff is going waaaay too far

Now they are going to boycott US businesses in Mexico itself. This is not helping relationships between the American public and Mexican immigrants in this country nor it is endearing the hearts of the American public to the country of Mexico........the story is here:

BOYCOT
    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

That's a direct slap in the face to the US. Bottom line is if they don't like it, they don't have to buy American, they don't have to cross our boarder to work here illegally, they can simply work in Mexico...... no offence to those who do it legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      That's a direct slap in the face to the US. Bottom line is if they don't like it, they don't have to buy American, they don't have to cross our boarder to work here illegally, they can simply work in Mexico...... no offence to those who do it legally.
      Amen

we have car plants in Mehhieco too........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        Yep, just goes to show the level of intelligence and integrity of the Mexican leaders proposing this boycott. I for one am getting fed up with these Mexicans coming over here illegally. In most cases they have absolutely no desire to learn English. This is America and in America we speak English, I'm sorry. That may sound a bit harsh but it's the truth like it or not.

It's unfortunate that the Mexican economy and overall way of living is not favorable to a hard working family making a good living, but that DOES NOT give them the right to come over here ILLEGALLY and use our country for their own beneift.

Get your citizenship legally, learn English, and pay taxes or get out!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          Yep, just goes to show the level of intelligence and integrity of the Mexican leaders proposing this boycott. I for one am getting fed up with these Mexicans coming over here illegally. In most cases they have absolutely no desire to learn English. This is America and in America we speak English, I'm sorry. That may sound a bit harsh but it's the truth like it or not.
          Only in America could your views be REMOTELY considered "harsh", "intolerant", "racist", or "discrimminatory". It just doesn't work that way in other countries. If I move to Mexico, I'm going to need to learn their culture and way of life, and speak Spanish. If I move to China, I'm going to need to learn Mandarin. It's absolutely preposterous that a minority group can come in to a country illegally and demand provisions allowing them not to assimilate to the culture of their new, albeit illegal, home. In fact, it is so mind-numbingly stupid to me, I often can't believe this is even a debate. Any time someone asks me about my stance on this, I say, "what do you mean 'my stance'? Having a 'stance' means you see the other side, and you've chosen to believe what you do. There is NO "other side" in this case. An illegal, minority group wants rights from a country they broke the law to get in to? It isn't about a 'stance', and it's not up for debate." It's absolutely asinine... and I don't for one second care who 'my stance' pisses off.

Originally posted by FastTA
          It's unfortunate that the Mexican economy and overall way of living is not favorable to a hard working family making a good living, but that DOES NOT give them the right to come over here ILLEGALLY and use our country for their own beneift.

Word.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            I am totally with you on that point. I'm fine with them staying under those conditions. If they don't like it, they can leave.
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Amen to all the above
              1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
              1 of 463
              LT4 knock module
              D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
              strut tower brace
              SLP fan switch
              160* t/stat
              Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
              DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

I'm a mexican citizen, i was born in this shame country ( shame about us, the mexican people, "The corruption land", it means to break the law each time you have the opportunity"....if the word is well applied) and i'm so sorry to have to recognize that as a truth. It is incredible for me, that the mexican politicians and the mexican public opinion are agree about our own people is breaking the inmigrant laws everyday. But is the easy way to compensate the lack of will and power to create new employements here in mexico and to offer a fair profesional fees to all workers with or without degree. So, Kevin is right with his statement "the level of intelligence and integrity of the Mexican leaders"...are they intelligents? are they honest? are they respecting the laws?....NO , i do not think so......I'm a medical doctor and my salary is a disgrace compared with my american fellows' salaries.
                I live 90 miles far from the Texas border..I go shopping twice a month and cross the border line following the US rules, norms and laws... I'm glad to see how your taxes are working benefiting each one of american citizens....never, ever my family or myself have been molested by the Costums Inspectors an any way.....because i respect and obey the law...as simple as that....
                So, i'm agree with your statements in this post.... i have to be, because is the right thing.
                I'm sorry...
                Dochidalgo
                97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Originally posted by dochidalgo
                  I'm a mexican citizen, i was born in this shame country ( shame about us, the mexican people, "The corruption land", it means to break the law each time you have the opportunity"....if the word is well applied) and i'm so sorry to have to recognize that as a truth. It is incredible for me, that the mexican politicians and the mexican public opinion are agree about our own people is breaking the inmigrant laws everyday. But is the easy way to compensate the lack of will and power to create new employements here in mexico and to offer a fair profesional fees to all workers with or without degree. So, Kevin is right with his statement "the level of intelligence and integrity of the Mexican leaders"...are they intelligents? are they honest? are they respecting the laws?....NO , i do not think so......I'm a medical doctor and my salary is a disgrace compared with my american fellows' salaries.
                  I live 90 miles far from the Texas border..I go shopping twice a month and cross the border line following the US rules, norms and laws... I'm glad to see how your taxes are working benefiting each one of american citizens....never, ever my family or myself have been molested by the Costums Inspectors an any way.....because i respect and obey the law...as simple as that....
                  So, i'm agree with your statements in this post.... i have to be, because is the right thing.
                  I'm sorry...
                  Dochidalgo
                  Wow.... Doc, you've always had my respect........ this is just one evidence as to why.

Comment

Doc.........We have the utmost respect for you and your sincere honesty on a very difficult problem.

As Americans, most of do sympathize with the plight of the Mexican people. And most of us do recognize that your government has a long way to go before they are really serving the interests of the Mexican people. At the same time, our country has been way too lax in trying to control the flow of illegals from your country........so a good part of the problem the US faces is of our own making. We also recognize that the only reason most Mexicans want to come to the US is because of how deplorable the situation is for Mexicans, especially those who only want to earn a decent living so they can support their families. This whole situation will be very difficult to straighten out and good people are probably going to suffer some undesirable consequences, such as deportation from the US. Unfortunately, I don't see the problem going away anytime soon because no one is really addressing the big problem and that is how to provide all Mexicans with the proper job opportuniies and a good standard of living so they don't want to leave Mexico in the first place. And this boycott of US businesses is absolutley the wrong thing to do. If anything, you ought to boycott Mexican owned businesses in favor of US owned businesses. That would send a strong message to US business that they are welcome in your country and their expansion would help to aid the plight of the Mexican people.
                    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

The thing is I have many friends and even family who are of Mexican descent. I have nothing but respect for them. Their immediate and upper family tree have worked very hard to obtain their citizenship legally, learn English, and they obey the laws here, work very hard at a job obtained legally, and pay taxes like every other American.

To me, it is disrepsctful to these Mexican firends and family of mine who have busted their ass trying to do everything the 'right' way in order to live "The Dream" and to provide the best potential environment and life for their family.

Doc buddy, you are a stand up guy, and you speak words of wisdom. If only the Mexican leaders and other corrupt individuls could possibly conceive what a mess they are creating.

Comment

Working...
                      X