me "nit pickin" again.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me "nit pickin" again.......

my deqler knew better, the sales manager assured me the front tag bracket would not be installed on the car....... I special ordered my 94 Trans Am GT from em, as well as my 97 SLP Comp TA and the 97 Firehawk.. no front tag brackets.. (its the law in VA however).

so... guess what? the dillweeds that installed the Sport App. Package found the tag bracket in the trunk and put the sob on!!!!!!!!!!

After a year...I've been running my front tag contemplating...see... the dealer has agreed to pay half of the "fix" to remove it..... they have to pull the front bumper off the car to do it correctly, and repaint it..... not cheap..and im not thrilled about it....

so i had this idea, see, having never run front plates on my birds all those years, the sheriffs dept here ignores me, hell, i work out with half of em at the gym, and they know how anal i am...LOL... my only worry is the state boys...and i dont do the interstate enough to really get bothered, never been pulled in all those years of driving the two birds with no front tag.....the wife did though......hahahahaahahaha

so i went online...started negotiating with 3 diff companies about making this tag for me.... low and behold, the one that showed the most interest and sent the best prototype, is from Canada! I had two made, in case of something happening, like an idiot backing into the goat..but then...i could get those holes fixed and proly use the tag in my office...LOL

anyway, heres the temp fix... the first one is with a clear plastic cover, the second one with a smoked plastic cover... not sure which look i like best.. the clear makes the tag "brighter"..but the smoke "subdues" it more, the whole front..... the clear does show "glares" more in the sun too.

no big deal, just me "nit pickin"......:gears:

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

i don't know if its just me, but the smoked one just kinda looks dirty.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

pffffft. Hate to tell ya, I hate the front bracket. It kills the lines of the front fascia.

I would ditch that sucker, get it repainted and figure out another way to mount the plate. I'm glad I live in a state with no front plate requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
        i don't know if its just me, but the smoked one just kinda looks dirty.
        wife said the same thing. clear ones on now.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          pffffft. Hate to tell ya, I hate the front bracket. It kills the lines of the front fascia.

I would ditch that sucker, get it repainted and figure out another way to mount the plate. I'm glad I live in a state with no front plate requirement.
          dont need to run it Joe. ran the birds no plate for 8 years, you know the stories, they only pulled mary in the hawk....... she is not allowed to drive this..ahahahah

i plan on doing the full job....this is temp

Comment

I like the smoked one the best of the two. But, I agree that you should just go back to a clean front bumper.

Comment

Have the dealer replace the front valence (bumper cover). Having anything there makes it less desireable.
              96 T/A - Heavily Modded
              87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

When I picked up my car, the bracket and plate were put on crooked. I fixed it myself. There are a couple of extra holes behind the bracket from their mistake. It's a lease so I don't really care. It takes about 5 minutes to remove the fascia. Not a big deal.

Comment

Wolfman, do you see any alternative way to mount a front plate on the GTO's say like the 4th gens air damn, instead of the the nose. It just takes one nasty statee to cause you greif. Just have a back up plan to be safe.

Cant wait to get out of my state and back to FL. I hate the front plate. Even with my plate on the air-dam... I still do not like that. But with states looking to cameras as a way of increasing revenue (speed cameras & etc) and decreasing crime. I hate to say it even FL days as a no-front-plate-state are numbered. Money talks and power over people's lives by already rich millionairs drunk on gvt power controls all

kinda side tracked I know but front plates = revenue to most states .
                  Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                  Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                  pics and info

Comment

Connecticut has a front plate law. That's what I love about the T/A's.... The front plate filler. I have my plate on, but it's behind the filler. If I ever get pulled over, I'll tell them I was taking pics of the car and forgot to remove the cover. I have the torx driver in my console just in case.

It may or may not work, but I'm certainly not running with a front plate. As Joe said, it kills the lines on the front.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                    X