old timers... listen up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old timers... listen up

All right, I know most of you guys don't fall into this category and hopefully you never do. Most of the times when you guys talk about "kills" its little imports that are just trying to start a fight and you just humble them... nothing crazy.

To get to my point. Today I'm on my way to work. I work at the mall so I was on my way at around 5:00PM and the expressway was a little busy, people coming home from work and all. So there is this place where the expressway merges into three. I take my normal ramp onto the next expressway and I downshift so i can slow down and not ride the caddy's butt in front of me. This blue G35 comes up behind me. I'm thinking, of thats a pretty nice car and continuing on the ramp. Well as I am about to begin to merge this old timer in the G35 cuts me off and then proceeds to go at around 90+ til I lose sight of him.

Now it wasnt any kind of race but this guy prematurely merged like cutting over the triangle with lines ( i dont know how to explain it better than that) a good 50 feet before it was probably necessary and he could have hit me or the caddy in front of me. I just dont see what he had to gain from what he did. Maybe he saw a young kid in a relatively nice car and thought he should show me how his retirement money is being spent. I guess im just ranting but I just want some of you guys to think before you feel like its time to teach someone a lesson in the car. If you are provoked and its on a open street no traffic and its a stop light pull sure... but dont cut the guy off and have no regard for whatever is around you.

Have a good night guys... be safe

Idiots like that should have their license pulled. I've watched it unfold so many times over the last 30 years. Seen some bad wrecks as a result too.

Comment

dern, you caught me!!!!!!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

It has nothing to do with age. It's the lack of brains some people have. I've been out with my Formula and I'm 44 and I get buzzed by a lot of people young and old. Most of the time it's the youngsters... I had some kid in his riced out Honda civic try to cut me off at a light. I had our 2004 Impala LS that time. Now it's nothing hot, but the 3.8 will get out of it's own way especially from the start.. He lost...
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Our town is loaded with people just like this. They feel the need to rev their can of bees muffler at every possible chance. I just look over and smirk. They dump the clutch and bang shift up the road, and I just let them go and beat on their own car. That's funnier to me anyway.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

scary thing is most drivers feel it is their right to behave like this. Just yesterday her in RI similar thing but, road rage was involved, the victim died (being cut off by agressor and forcing him into a fatal collision with a semi) They caught the scumbag with help from the media .

That could of been me or anyone else on the road . Let morons be morons (don't take justice into your hands), we may not like it, but we will come out alive and in the end that's what really matters.
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

Working...
            X