got delt "double 2nd's" today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got delt "double 2nd's" today...

1st 2nd: prob with the gto....not a biggie though.... when she sits for a long time (I assume that, cause it has not happend since i started it and drove it this afternoon)... when you hit the power window button for the drivers window...both front windows go down, and it works on up too. so does the passenger side button. happend twice, then went back to normal and has not done it since.......... drove it the gym, tried it there, nada. drove it home, tried it again, nada. dont drive with the windows down hardly ever, us old "t top farts" know what happens to the interior when you cruise in "open air'...LOL...

2nd 2nd: got caught in a terrible thunderstorm... the second time ive been rained on in 1 yr and 1 month......all that time and the car has only been wet now, twice..other than.........of course, the last washing, and now todays.....

now, the scary part was, i got off the interstate, this thunderstorm came outta nowhere. i was at the gym and my wife called me and said "ken, you better get home, we got bad storms comming our way...was not in the forcast..." i looked outside the gym window and saw the sukers in the distance..... aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

got hailed on, marble size hail...i quickly braked (impressed with the traction control and abs on this one for sure!) and pulled into a school parking lot, quickly searching for an awening...saw one in front of the school...took a quite a few hits before i got under it though... i just sat in the car cursing like a sailor on whiskey...i didnt want to get out and look.... the hail stopped..rain again...and i drove the rest of the way home.

spent 2 hrs detailing the goat... thank you Zaino.. yall can say what you want, but this is not my first encounter with something that could have left a mark... multiple coats of zaino paid off...... no one single mark on this car....nadda.......

ol Reno came out to inspect it for me after i was done.. LOL

not one mark yall....... im not kiddin, i was freakin!!!!

Happy Easter yall!!! stay safe and enjoy time with your families..!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Shiny
    great looking ride..glad there was no damage
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Talk about a freak coincidence. Same thing happend to me ... on the same day

(4/15) I was out and about after detailing the hawk for 3.5 hours and saw some coulds in the distance. I thought nothing much of them. Figured it would be safe to run an buy a couple cd's to listen to. As the clouds came over the bay here, suddenly they exploded in growth and blossomed into a nasty thunderstorm. Havent seen anything grow like that in years. A Florida variety storm, but in New England.

It was too late for me to drive the hawk anywhere as dangerous lightning was all around. Lightning zapped the store I was in, knocking out power while the stores indoor neon sign sparked like it was the 4th of July. Then it started.

It started hailing at a heavy rate. The size of peas to marbles. Then the heavens above let loose like a literal waterfall. It was raining so hard that the sky looked white.

After it let up I drove home. Re-washed and cleaned the hawk. I did a thorourgh inspection, and not a single dent, or chip due to hail. The zaino really works. I am impressed at 5 years of constant zaino use people still mistake her as brand new (except I know I have many chips/scratches that need fixing) There is no doubt in my mind that if I used something different, my hawk would of been unscathed.

kerm, Lightning is a rare thing here on the south coast in RI, let alone a Florida variety T-storm with hail. let alone in early NEw England spring. First hail storm Ive been in since I moved here
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

I had to drive 5 hours back home to Southern Indiana yesterday. I got rained on for more than a thrid of the ride. Hit hail, found a gas station and parked it. After leaving the gas station it got really calm and I was heading right for a wall cloud, which was moving the opposite way. Keep my eye on it and sure enough a funnel drops down. I stop with a few police officers and we watch this tornado for 10-15 seconds touch down. I was shaking it was so intense. I have been 23 years for the chance to see one.

btw-The goat has GREAT wet traction.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Working...
        X