Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iran to blame for the prices at the pump...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iran to blame for the prices at the pump...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12413470/site/newsweek/

Something intresting to think about as we open our wallets to a Iranian government who see's the world's energy problem as a way to call the shots. Why is it when the world fears war, these people think they can make us even more afraid. They gouge our energy supply.... they think that 72 dollars a barrell still isn't as much as what their product is worth. And we put our tail between our legs and take it. I mean a all out war is not the answer, not because we shouldnt wipe the floor with these SOCIAL TERRIORISTS, but because if they decided to put a embargo on their fuel on us it would cripple our economy. However, we should be and stay agressive, because we consume around 25 percent of their fuel and our european allies who share in our goals cosume their fuel to. If they lost the US, britian, Italy, poland, canada, etc, etc, as customers, their "Noble" economy would be in ruins, as it depends on unrefined fuel exports. We have a bigger say in the fuel market then we think.

Think about it like this, part of the reason our gas is soo high is china's now booming economy is consuming a HUGE amount of fuel speficilly from Iran. There growing demand is cutting down from our supply, causeing prices to go up. Now china has never been a real ally, and if Iran aides in the economical growth of China, in a very big way, who do you think china is going to side with if there is ever a problem between the USA and Iran. Last time i checked china has a huge population, and a growing economy... and iran is trying to build nuclear weapons...

Remember when Adolf hitler was just a "irrational german ex-convict" who ran a small unpopular nazi political party, and he wasnt a threat to anyone. Well lets not let Iran become the next Nazi germany..... This may seem far- fetched and I imagine alot of people arent going to agree with me, but i think we should should handle this problem while its still small. And unfortunatly while the rest of the world sits with their thumbs up their rear-ends America is the only country who has the testicular fortitude to make sure everyone sleeps safely at night.....

I smell a WW3????? thats just me......................
    1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Just want to let you know the US does not import one drop of oil from Iran. Haven't since 1980
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

really... jeez i just fell off my soap box........ but the main idea is still there... even though i was just pretty much discredited...... being older does make you wised... being born in 1985 doesnt help.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
        Just want to let you know the US does not import one drop of oil from Iran. Haven't since 1980
        True, but Iran basically controls the prices...if they go up, so will eveyone else.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

just a quick thought... Iran is the 2nd largest fuel distributer for OPEC... dont we buy oil from OPEC.. or at least companys that are a part of OPEC... Just because we dont buy from a specific country, does not mean that our demand doest change the market supply for oil. And the international market demand does have a effect on individual countries economys.... especially if that particular market deals with a countries cheif export.....
          im not trying to seem like know it all..... and i defintly had no idea that we did not directly trade with Iran. But i am an econ major in college, and fuel is a World Market, and if a country is the 2nd biggest supplier in this World market, whether we get our fuel straight from them, or in a more indirect fashion, it still has a effect on their economy.

Comment

i say America needs to destroy the internal combustion engine...go back to horses and the rest electric cars... enough wars and and enough pounding the blocks about oil all the time....think how much stress will be gone....... think of all the new jobs that will be created.............picking up horse poop.......

bwwahahahahahaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

easiest solution... follow Kerms

I still think that if Brazil can kick the oil importing habit, we can also and that money won't be going to countries that advocate total aniihilation of the USA but they grumble and take our money anyways
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Working...
              X