Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Trace,
    Why isnt the mini-van listed in the sig?? haha

I guess thats the wifes car... Not yours. Right?

Im just messing with you. Years ago, I used to drive my moms 2000 Ford Windstar when my car was in the shop. That was a really nice car. Leather, smooth ride, very quiet, had plenty of balls too! I hate to admit it... But it probably would have given my RS a run for its money if it was stock. Only complaint I have about minivans in general is that most of them are running parts that were designed for cars that are much lighter. Put an auto trans in a car that weighs over 1000lbs more than it was designed move around & you are almost sure to have problems.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
      So Trace,
      Why isnt the mini-van listed in the sig?? haha

I guess thats the wifes car... Not yours. Right?

Im just messing with you. Years ago, I used to drive my moms 2000 Ford Windstar when my car was in the shop. That was a really nice car. Leather, smooth ride, very quiet, had plenty of balls too! I hate to admit it... But it probably would have given my RS a run for its money if it was stock. Only complaint I have about minivans in general is that most of them are running parts that were designed for cars that are much lighter. Put an auto trans in a car that weighs over 1000lbs more than it was designed move around & you are almost sure to have problems.

Actually, Tami and I do not draw boundaries of ownership on material things we have. The Camaro included, although she recognizes that is my hobby and does not ask to drive it. I try to get her behind the wheel, but she almost always declines. She has driven it though, like when we went to Florida for vacation without the kids a couple years ago. We traded driving every time we had to refuel. I even convinced her to take it to work once last year, she had to go pick up a check and was coming right home afterwards. It was nice and sunny ou, so I twisted her arm. LOL.

As far as the Minivan, I always drive unless she is going somewhere without me. If I am traveling alone I take the Oldsmobile or (if it is nice out) the Camaro. I take the minivan to work on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday because those are the days I need to shuttle the 3 kids to and from daycare. She has off Mondays and Fridays and only works 3 days a week, so on those days I take either the Olds or the Z depending on mood and rain.

I drive the van more than she does. She is at home today with the kids, I'm sure she has used the van to go somewhere with them. I know she said she had to stop at work for a few things.

I used to fit the 3 kids in the Camaro and the Olds, but there is no way to get 3 child seats in the back and the passenger airbag in front does not have an off switch in either car. It's just more convenient and safer to take the van.

I just found out today that our van can take E85, and there is a station not far from our house that sells it so I will be giving that a try.

Now for the important question....
      Did you get the RS painted this past weekend??
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
      X