Paging Nightrage....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Nightrage....

Hey, just out of curiosity, do you work for Albertsons? I worked for them for about 10 years, collectively, and your description sounds a lot like my experiences there. They were a good company to work for when I first started, but slowly went downhill after time.
    Oh and you definitely do ok in your writing in here. Your spelling and grammer are usually on the money, and as far as being management material...hang in there. You sound smarter than you think you are. You know what you don't know, and that is the first step in learning. If you really want to get into management, hang in there. I was one of the youngest assistant managers in my district when I got promoted there at 24. Just sponge up as much info as you can, and whenever the chance arises, get training in every part of the store that you can. Give outstanding customer service, and try not to bump heads too much with your manager. Been there, done that, had the arguments. Just make sure and let someone in management see you shine and stand out, and you will get moved up.
    That being said, if you want to work for a really great company, check to see if there is a Whole Foods Market in your area. They are a natural foods chain that is well known in the industry as being one of the best places to work. I have been with them for three months now and it is like black and white compared to Albertsons or HEB or any conventional grocery store I have dealt with. Check it out...it may be worth your time to see if maybe there is one you could get on with. Just my $0.02. Hope it maybe helps you out a bit.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. It really does mean a lot to me. The main problem is that I'm very forgetful. This causes me to go off on a tangent over absolutely nothing. My neurologist thinks I have an attention defacit disorder, but I don't know if I buy into that whole ADD thing. It's nearly impossible for me to concentrate though, so I guess I could be dead wrong and it's not just some B.S. disorder. Again though, thanks a lot. I mean it!

I work with a company called Stop and Shop (you may know them from Family Guy ). To the best of my knowledge we only have stores along the East coast. We have a sister company called Giant. I'm not too sure what the deal is with them.

About the management position, I personally don't feel that I'm worthy of it in comparison to the others in the store. The guy That I spoke about that stays after to do work is my friend John. He's 25, pays rent, supports his girlfriend/fiance (not sure what she is in relation to him since we don't discuss her much) and he has a 2 or 3 year old daughter. He does this all on a $10.15 an hour wage as a part timer. In addition to going out of his way for the company, he's a shop steward for the union. I don't think he gets too much from it, if anything at all. They basically pressured him into the position. I'd love to see him become a manager. Also, my buddy Eric has been in our department (grocery department) for a year and a half longer than I have. He knows everything inside and out. After countless complaints about Gus, the manager that I have issues with, one of the higher level managers is trying to do something. Hopefully have him moved to another store. Hopefully they would give his position to John or Eric as both have rightfully earned it.

The only reason I stay with this wretched store is because they pay half decent and are flexible with my hours. Since my schedule is packed, I need somewhere that's very flexible. Plus I'm in the union so I can laugh at my manager when he tells me I have to work on days that he knows I can't come in on

Again, thank you for the kind words and advice. That Wholesale Foods place sounds very familiar. I'll definitely look into it in the near future. The place I'm at now is problem after problem. Even the managers can't stomach the place!
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
    X