Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some sort of scam...

...not buyin' it

I'm trying to lease out the bedrooms in my house. I have an ad on an interenet website, and I got this email today:

"My name is Owen Simpson from United Kingdom. I'm a qualified computer engineer (a Professional) with CCNA, CCNP, and MCSE. I just got a job in one of the Computer companies in the state. Therefore I have to leave my present place of work which British Telecommunications (BT) in United Kingdom and come over. Meaning that i will have to change my right of abode and come over to the state (Work Permit has been issued to me already).

I am writing just to confirm if you still have the room for rent..............If YES Please I will like to have answers to the following questions below:
    1) I will like to have the description of the room, size, and the equipments in there.
    2) I will like to have the rent fee per month plus the utilities.
    3) I will also be coming with some of my furniture, that is if it is allowed, like bed, book shelf because I read alot, shoe rank etc
    4) I will also like to know if you accept Cashier’s Check or US postal Money Order and if I can make advance payment to show commitment (one-month rent plus utilities).
    5) If the 4 questions are YES, I will like to know the total cost for the initial move as in first month rent plus utilities and if deposit is necessary.
    6) I will like to know the major intersection

Hope to hear from you soon.

Owen

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com"

And my response:

"Owen,

Before divulging any further information about my whereabouts or the
    amenities of the living arrangement, can you please be more specific
    about what company you work for, and what "state" you have a job in?
    I apologize, but your response reads like a computer-generated
    auto-response. Please clarify these things if you are still
    interested in my place.

Thank you."
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

I would be the type to call BT and speak to Mr. Simpson himself. If here even exists, that is.

Comment

The B.S. flag has been raised.

It just doesn't sound right. Even if it turns out to be 100% true, it probably isn't worth the hassle you'll go through.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
      X