ebay car sales question.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay car sales question.....

My husband and I are looking for a '68-73 Camaro or Firebird to purchase. We have a price range in mind, and we are not looking for something of show car quality. I have been cruisin' ebay lately, and I have come across some unbelieveable cars going for unbelieveable prices. I saw a '69 Camaro w/ a DZ 302 in very good condition that they are asking Buy it Now for $6000. Another '69 that they claim is rare and super condition, they are asking $8000 Buy it Now. These cars should be going for waaaay more, in my opinion, is there any "catches" going on or should I have concerns about these kind of "deals"? My husband said he'd jump right on a plane to get the one for $6K, but I think it is just to good to be true. What's goin' on? Sorry for the lengthy post!
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

ebays motto - too good to be true, its fake. i rather go through car forums to find cars like that
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I am leery of buying a car on ebay, some would disagree but there can be risks and hassles with it.

I found my car online using auto trader (www.trader.com canada). It is like ebay but isn't a auction so you have to phone the seller and buy the car the old fashion way but you can search specific cities. There are other sites that do the same thing.

It may be a good way to go and you will find more people willing to sell their cars on there because it's basicly an online news paper add (no one is forced to sell in a week). It may be more but you can always try to get them down to a lower $$ value.
      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

If you find a car on eBay you think is a great buy, post it up here. We're all more than happy to take a look at it. With all the knowledge here, the people on this site can usually pick it apart if something doesn't seem right.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
        X