Been a loooong time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a loooong time

It's been forever since I've been on here. I've been in the processing of finally moving out on my own :-D.. My v6 firebird finally died :-(...the engine went. I found one with like 52,000 for like 500 bucks, I dont know whether to swap it or just sell it as it is though. The T/A is still running strong..I also found out it has 2:73 gears in it..I didnt think they came with them? I have a set of 3:42's i may put in it i guess.I am thinkin of saving up for possibly a 383 kit I am not sure yet. Hopefully know that I am settled in my place I can visit more often :-D

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
    **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
    **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

welcome back if u can keep the V6 bird prob a lil better on gas
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fir3bird Chick
      It's been forever since I've been on here. I've been in the processing of finally moving out on my own :-D.. My v6 firebird finally died :-(...the engine went. I found one with like 52,000 for like 500 bucks, I dont know whether to swap it or just sell it as it is though. The T/A is still running strong..I also found out it has 2:73 gears in it..I didnt think they came with them? I have a set of 3:42's i may put in it i guess.I am thinkin of saving up for possibly a 383 kit I am not sure yet. Hopefully know that I am settled in my place I can visit more often :-D
      Yes, some cars came with 2.73s. My 93 6 speed has those and the highway cruising mileage is great. As far as fixing the V6, they get great mileage..... About the same as a 2.73 rear geared M6 car but without the extra power. Now compared to a 2.73 automatic, the V6 will likely be a hair better.

Comment

Congrats on making the move and welcome back.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Just curious...What year was the V6? How many miles did it have?
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

no excuses for being gone this long. your'e banned.

hee heee

welcome back. sorry about the v6 bird.... such is the world of cars, eh..?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman

hee heee
              OK Tough Guy, Come over here and say that!

Welcome back April. I was wondering where you were.

Comment

Hello.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                  Just curious...What year was the V6? How many miles did it have?
                  1999 with a hair below 170,000...she lasted awhile.. I let my parents use it for a lil while and well I seriously think they checked of the fluids. They also said the check engine light was one and stuff and never went and had it checked and the light went off so I suppose they just kept driving it. So Im sure if I never let them drive it, it would still be around lol...They are not "car" friendly people.

My cars a 1998 I always thought they stopped puttin in the 2.73's around 94 or so. Eh oh well..Yea i get very good gas mileage sometimes I think a lil too good lol..

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
                  **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
                  **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

Comment

Working...
                  X