Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good Oil news for the USA !

Massive oil find off off Lousiana

The find is some 60 billion barrels or 3 Times more than current US recoverable Oil of 20 Billion barrels, and would bring US total reserves to 80 billion barrels which is on par with Venezuela. In comparison to other finds around the world, this is twice the size of all Oil ever found in the North Sea and 6 times larger than the estimates of the Alaskan ANWR oil deposits.
    ....The area is about 10,000 sq. miles in size
    Time to invest in Chevron?

Figure 1-2 years from now we'll be bringing in the oil
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
    Massive oil find off off Lousiana

Time to invest in Chevron?

Figure 1-2 years from now we'll be bringing in the oil
    As long as the environMENTALists don't find a reason to delay it, or stop it all together. I'm sure they will.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Our biggest problem is that we don't have enough refineries. There's plenty of oil in the world, we just can't process it fast enough.

Comment

its going to cost billions to get to it...gas will go up.. there's a giant squid breeding ground there.........and great whites.....and tigers and snakes.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          its going to cost billions to get to it...gas will go up.. there's a giant squid breeding ground there.........and great whites.....and tigers and snakes.......
          Great whites and tigers and snakes! Oh my!

We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Aw, drill the damn place . . . before the Cubans and Mexicans do.
          R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

the american public needs something to complain about.. if its not high gas prices, its gonna be the whales or some garbage... There are soo many solutions to some of our problems... but the public doesnt want solutions, cause then we would have nothing to complain about. We need refineries, we havent built any new ones in over 30 years in america cause of crazy tree huggers. I just did some research for my final paper in my Econmics 360 class, did you know that with our current refineries at running at full capacity, we still import 10 percent of our refined oil from other countries. Talk about dumb outsourcing, this could create jobs, big investaments from big bussiness firms, it would generate currency to flow throughout our economy. We throw 10 percent of our oil consumption at other countries.... and then we pay top dollar of it..... sometimes i feel like im the only one that sees all this, like im taking crazy pills or something...
            1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

Working...
            X