rearended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rearended

All i gotta say is that this guy is lucky he didnt do any real damage. We were in my g/f's car. Its a 2001 civic. We were going 50 or 55, with the flow of traffic when we get HAMMERED from behind. I mean the guy had to have been going at least 70 to have hit us as hard as he did. No brakes or anything. Well we get out of the car and i approach him and he says...(african accent) look no damage to my car, no damage to your car, we're ok. Right away something smelt fishy. I said i want to see your information. He says "its not my car". Now i'm pissed. He continues to say theres no damage, when the back bumper cover was knocked out of place. (Not really bad but its the princaple of the thing) So we find a phone to call the cops and he begs with us not to. He says he'll fix it and take care of it. I say "i don't think so, we'll never here from you again. So I'm talking to the dispatcher and i see the guy get back in his car, and he starts to drive off!!! At this point i was steaming. Luckily when he told me he didn't have information and the car wasn't his i went to the back of the car and wrote down the tags and discription of the car. Well cops got there and i told them everything, and the looked up the tags on the DMV. But the registered owner wasn't him but some other guy with an african name. So i assume it was a relative.

So because of this guys stupidity, my g/f has to go through the hastles of insurance and getting her car repaired, and she has sever whiplash. I regret not beating the guys ass right there. AHHHHH , just needed to vent.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

At least everyone is okay (except for the whiplash part). I'm sure it could have been much worse. It sucks you have to deal with people like that. He'll get his when they catch up with him, but that doesn't really help you.

You did the right thing. You held your composure, and while beating him down would have made you feel a little better, you just don't need the hassle of the possible reprecussions on top of it.

Keep us updated.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Dang, that's really messed up. Sorry to hear...I've been in a hit and run. They suck b@lls. Have your GF checked out by a chiropractor. Rear-ends are no joke to your spine and body. I would have grabbed the guy the moment I saw him walking away.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

She's already been to the hospital, they said she'll be ok. And they perscribed her the typical car accident meds....muscle relaxer and pain meds. Just pisses me off that this guy had the balls to just drive off. Well cops are gonna get a hold of the guy who its registered too and try and see what they can find out. Like you said, he'll get his.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Glad you didn't hit him. That would have been really bad for you. Cooler heads prevail. I live by the rule "A man who uses his fists has run out of ideas". The city will prosecute. I see it every day. He won't go unpunished.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
            Glad you didn't hit him. That would have been really bad for you. Cooler heads prevail. I live by the rule "A man who uses his fists has run out of ideas". The city will prosecute. I see it every day. He won't go unpunished.

Agreed! I would have loved to hit him to in that situation, but good thing you kept your cool.
            1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
              Nice line, Norm. Can I use that?
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

He could have had prior run-ins with the law. Maybe a suspended liscense?? Who knows. It's better to keep the situation calm. You never know how someone will react...or over react.

Be thankful it wasn't any worse. At that speed it wouldn't have been too hard to lose control of the car.
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                  Be thankful it wasn't any worse. At that speed it wouldn't have been too hard to lose control of the car.
                  You're right, i'm also glad we weren't too close to anybody or could've been a three car accident
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Working...
                  X