Ummm....Guys guess what....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummm....Guys guess what....

I got rid of the Hawk. She broke her axel with a wheel bearing getting out and I had to borrow 600 dollars from my brother to get it fixed. Also, the payments were way too high still.
    I got this Slowstang because I couldn't find a good deal on a GTO. These were the only two cars I was considering. The dealerships with GTO's (2004-2006) wanted to give me only 15,000 dollars for the Hawk as a trade in. I said Hell-no!!
    Ford offered only 18,000 dollars. I told them I would think about it and with over 3 months of shopping around that was the best I could do. I know I could have sold her outright, but that would have ate up my finances.
    I used my late-father's A-Plan to get the GT Premium. So, instead of 29,000 dollars I got it for 25,000 dollars.
    I do miss my Hawk, but I am content with this. I have been putting alot of thought into it. Another selling point was SIDE AIRBAGS for my daughter and my step-children (a total of 3 kids just enough room ages 3(mine), 5 and 7).
    Even the payments are 30 dollars cheaper a month.
    The dealership for the GTO's around the same price wanted 499 a month. I got this for 380 a month. They have to get some cat-converters, they cannot sell the car right now.
    It is at Tom Wood Ford in Indianapolis. If anyone is interested. She is in great shape. Only 44,700 miles.

Sorry guys,
    Adam H. (former 2002 T/A Firehawk #536 M6)
    Attached Files

I dont understand why you would make this swap. Although I do like the new stangs & im not trying to get you upset...

For only $20 a month cheaper... I would have kept the hawk. I understand wanting something safer for the kids, but I dont think the stang is any better than the hawk. Both cars are low 2-door sports cars. Not really known to be the safest cars for kids, nevermind the hassle of the 2-doors & no back seat room. I dont know if this is your daily driver or if you have another car to move the kids around in. In addition, I doubt that those side airbags are good for small children anyway.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

Well, we all get that itch for a change every once in a while. The other stuff just ends up supporting that feeling. I'm surprised the Hawk broke an axle. I've heard of differentials going, but no axles to date.

Enjoy the Stang! I'm curious how it feels in comparison to the Hawk. I'm sure it's a little softer on handling and acceleration, but it is the closest new thing to the F-body offered now a days.

So, how is it day to day???
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Did you pay someone $600 to replace the axle and bearing? Seems like doing it yourself with a salvage axle and a new bearing pressed on would have run less than $100. The only LS1 cars that I've seen an axle break on were running in the low 11's and high 10's with a stock 10-bolt. ITs a shame that was enough to cause you to abandon the car.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
          Did you pay someone $600 to replace the axle and bearing? Seems like doing it yourself with a salvage axle and a new bearing pressed on would have run less than $100. The only LS1 cars that I've seen an axle break on were running in the low 11's and high 10's with a stock 10-bolt. ITs a shame that was enough to cause you to abandon the car.
          ditto......that an only reduce your car payments 30 bucks a month?

you went from "rare" to "im on every street corner"...... just pullin your leg..
          to each thier own for sure.... enjoy!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well...this is why

Guys,
            I never offically "raced" the Hawk when I had her. I could only guess that she was putting out 400hp. I could beat just about anyone who came by. But, yes I need the change. I miss that car, no doubt about it.
            Also, to be truely honest. The mustang is just something that is of sentimenal value to me. I hardly knew my late father. He saw my hawk and was glad I had something nice. But, he was a FORD guy.
            This car has more meaning to me. If I really wanted the Hawk again. I would track it down. I still have the VIN#. But the memory of a man that ment alot to me, eventhough I really never knew, means more than my dream car. I accomplished my goal and earned that Hawk. My fathers memory is so much more deeper than the car.

Later,
            Adam

Hey Wolfman,
            Didn't you get rid of your "Very,very, rare" to some are around every corner as well.
            HEHEHEHE..
            Attached Files

Comment

Well, while I think you are insane for selling the Hawk, I can understand your reasons. You kind of remind me of a buddy of mine. He is the type that needs something new regularly. Until the last 5 or so years, he never had a vehicle for longer than a year or two before he sold it. Theres nothing bad about that, I would do that if I was rich. But I tend to be more the type to hold onto a car for as long as it runs and is in decent condition. Even a slow little V6 Camaro. But, I can understand getting the Mustang. As much as I hated the complete package, excluding maybe the sound, of the previous three generations of Mustangs, this new one is actually pretty nice. If I was in a financial position to buy a car to replace my Camaro, and didn't go with a V-8 F-Bod, then I have to say I might be in the Market for a GT Mustang. They are cheaper than a GTO, and look a crap load better IMO. The power may not be as good, but overall the Mustang is probably one of the best still-in-production muscle cars out there. Congrats on the new car. I hope you are happy with it. Just don't turn completely over to the dark side and start hating on our F-bods.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I will never/ever

Go against my F-body buds. I learned alot and still learning.

Adam H.

Comment

A classic example of "People buy with emotion and then justify with logic".

Comment

Working...
                  X