Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500+ rwhp NA LT-1

Check this thread out...

Remember this car is utilizing AI ported OE intake and heads... Not to mention the oe computer...Has anyone else seen this???
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

I heard about that. Very nice work. It appears to that Ron & Phil are running a good show over there at Ai and seem to actually have some very good engine building knowledge.

500 RWHP on a N/A LT1 is easily achievable. Just takes a little know-how and a little creativity.

Comment

I think that just sealed the deal for me. Thanks again to AmericanZ28 for the recommendation...I know where I'm going for my head and cam work
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
        I heard about that. Very nice work. It appears to that Ron & Phil are running a good show over there at Ai and seem to actually have some very good engine building knowledge.

500 RWHP on a N/A LT1 is easily achievable. Just takes a little know-how and a little creativity.
        I agree... I just can't belive that they are using ported stockers and getting these results... It makes me happy...
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

I didn't really have time to go through the whole thread...did they what the heads flow, the cam, and if it's still 350 CI?
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

383 ci
            no duration only lift, but it requires a vac pump so Im guessin not to much vac for accessories with the cam setup.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
              383 ci
              no duration only lift, but it requires a vac pump so Im guessin not to much vac for accessories with the cam setup.
              The vacuum pump is to place a vacuum on the crankcase. It's one of the oldest horsepower tricks in the engine building books. You don't have to, but pulling vacuum from the crankcase can also allow you to run low-tension rings which add even more power.

You can also use an electric vacuum pump to make even more power by elimnating the parasitic loss to the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                I didn't really have time to go through the whole thread...did they what the heads flow, the cam, and if it's still 350 CI?
                Here is the specs page on Rick's car.

http://www.advancedinduction.com/Abare.html

It is a solid roller cam. They do not list the all important duration, but they do list the lift at .646"/.625". That is a decent sized cam but by no means radical.

When my LT4 was together, I was running a 259/277, .620/.620, 110 LSA cam, and it drove just fine on the street.

Comment

Working...
                X