Immigration - Worse?...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration - Worse?...

Remember how I said it was going to get worse?

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5wh.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE MAY 16, 2006 09:10:08 ET XXXXX

GUNFIRE AT WAFFLE HOUSE AFTER WHITES, HISPANICS ARGUE OVER CITIZENSHIP

A parting gunshot from a vehicle leaving Waffle House in West Asheville, NC shattered a window and caused a minor injury, police said.

The shooting happened around 3:00 a.m. Saturday after a group of whites argued with a group of Hispanics at the 24-hour restaurant on Smokey Park Highway, Asheville police Lt. Wallace Welch said

“The two groups were jawing back and forth with each other over citizenship issues and whatnot,” Welch said.

As the Hispanic group drove off, someone in the vehicle fired at least once into a large window near the front door, he said.

Whether from a ricocheted bullet or flying glass, Welch said, one man’s arm was bleeding when police arrived.

Police were looking for a white Dodge Intrepid that left the restaurant going west.

The CITIZEN-TIMES newspaper first reported the incident, and is currently streaming the 9-11 calls from the Waffle House on its website.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...305150001/1149

Developing...
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

I think this is going to prove to just be the fist of many of these types of incidents, and I don't think too many of these Illegals will be shooting at whites before the whites start shooting back. We have concealed handgun liscenses here in Texas, and if and when something like this happens here, it could get ugly. Then you think about all the radical militia groups here in the south who are armed to the teeth. How long before they start seeing it as their duty to start rounding up illegals? I think we could end up with a mini war if it gets much worse. I have to say too, I have been a stalwart Bush supporter since I voted for him the first time, but he is slowly losing points with me for not cracking down on this sooner. If he doesn't start getting tough with his buddy Vicente Fox, I am going to be looking forward to a leadership change here. The way I see it, the government of Mexico has commited an act of war by encouraging it's citizens to illegally invade our country. I think we need to react to that act of war the way we would with any other country. This crap needs to stop.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

civil war on the way. some vigilante hispanic sites are calling for all hispanics to arm themselves..........

great. the united States of America............ very sad.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        civil war on the way. some vigilante hispanic sites are calling for all hispanics to arm themselves..........

Do you have any links to these sites? This has got to stop.

Comment

Check this out. Mexico is threatening to file lawsuits in the US if the 6,000 new National Guard troops become active in detaining Mexican illegals.

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            Check this out. Mexico is threatening to file lawsuits in the US if the 6,000 new National Guard troops become active in detaining Mexican illegals.

LINK
            I don't see how they could file a law suite. Don't you have to be a citizen to have access to out court system? They could file a complaint though diplomatic relations. And if they handed it to me I would throw it in a fireplace.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Yeah, that makes sense. Sue us for trying to prevent illegal imigration into our own country. Mainstream America will not stand for this. Liberal, conservative, it does not matter.

I dont understand how it has gotten this far to begin with. Americans have got to be the most tolerant and accepting group in the world. But watch out, our hospitality does have a limit and I think that limit is about to be reached. Name one other country in the world that would tolerate as many illegal immigrants on its soil without declaring it to be an invasion and a war.

That being said, it is at the same time our fault for not doing more to stop it, so we do need to take some responsibility for the situation ourselves.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman

Don't you mean ununited? That is the way it will all come crumbling down..."United we stand, Divided we fall".......
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                  I don't see how they could file a law suite. Don't you have to be a citizen to have access to out court system? They could file a complaint though diplomatic relations. And if they handed it to me I would throw it in a fireplace.
                  To my understanding the Mexican government is able to file a lawsuit through our US Consulate General. It grants them a power of attorney in order to be represented within the US legal system.

However, like you, it were up to me it would be tossed into the nearest shredder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                    Originally posted by TraceZ
                    Yeah, that makes sense. Sue us for trying to prevent illegal imigration into our own country. Mainstream America will not stand for this. Liberal, conservative, it does not matter.

I dont understand how it has gotten this far to begin with. Americans have got to be the most tolerant and accepting group in the world. But watch out, our hospitality does have a limit and I think that limit is about to be reached. Name one other country in the world that would tolerate as many illegal immigrants on its soil without declaring it to be an invasion and a war.

That being said, it is at the same time our fault for not doing more to stop it, so we do need to take some responsibility for the situation ourselves.
                    Did you read the last quote in my link? That attitude alone will make me think twice about putting my handgun permit to good use. God Bless Texas!

Comment

I really feel sorry for the people who live on the border. There was a guy on some news show talking about how the Mexicans keep cutting his fence and letting his cows out. He's found several cows dead and a few of his dogs. A cow is worth about $1000 in meat (well I guess that was 10 years ago so probably more now). That hurts to loose one. What is he supposed to do? The law enforcement isn't helping him at all. He said he got home one evening and several Mexicans were on his front porch. I think I would be buying a few dozen clips and a AR15.

Our government and I mean both parties have totally failed to protect our borders.

Comment

I dont understand how it has gotten this far to begin with. Americans have got to be the most tolerant and accepting group in the world.
                        Because if it does not affect your everyday life. You really don't give it a second thought. It's just a story you see on the news. Now the problem is so big and effecting so many that we are now forced to deal with it.

Our government and I mean both parties have totally failed to protect our borders.
                        IMHO they do not want to protect the border. It does not fit the model for globalization. The middle class does not fit the model for globalization. You send our high paying jobs overseas to low pay workers. Then flood our country with cheap labor coming from the south. Yes not every sector of jobs has been affected yet, but it will. Add a debt of 9 trillion dollars. You get the picture... Boy I hope Im just paranoid
                        96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Originally posted by Red20170
                          IMHO they do not want to protect the border. It does not fit the model for globalization.
                          I think you might be a paranoid...but only a little. It's just much easier to pass legislation that looks good. I haven't really been a big backer of Bush, but on this he's at least trying something. Now look what's happening. His party is upset because he's giving a path (a very difficult path albeit) to citizenship for some illegals. He's also getting hit from the other side for being too tough (can't think of a better way to say it) on the border.

You can see that trying to do anything substantial is tougher...and you'll probably catch flack from both sides. It happened to Clinton on Healthcare reform, Bush on Social Security, and Bush again on immigration.

I say...at least try something. If it doesn't work, try something else. Keep going till you find something that works. Heck, it worked for Roosevelt during the Great Depression.
                          Joe K.
                          '11 BMW 328i
                          '10 Matrix S AWD
                          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I think you might be a paranoid
                            I am...
                            96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

What also concerns me is the amount of money these illegal immigrants keep from re-entering our economy. It is estimated by some sources that there are currently 12 million illegal Mexican immigrants here in the US. I think in reality that number is probably double.

It estimated that illegal immigrants fill 25% of all agricultural jobs, 17% of office and house cleaning positions, 14% of construction jobs and 12% in food preparation. It was also reported that last year(2005), an estimated 18.6 Billion dollars was sent back to Mexico by the Mexican portion of this country's illegal immigrants. That is significant.

The only thing that these illegals spend their money on is consumption. We all know that when paychecks(I use that term lightly) are used solely for consumption instead of capital, it can do nothing but perpetuate inflation.

We have much bigger and better things to worry about than our role or position in "globalization". We need to focus on our own macro affairs within our own country first.

Comment

Working...
                              X