This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Strobe lights to change the lights quicker at an intersection

Many intersections have those magic eyes for 1st responders like ex.-ambulances. The sensors notice the strobing lights and sure enough they change.I got this from my bro who works for the city.
    [B]97 WS6 TransAm 6 speed Mods--Grey leather interior-Granatelli MAF-58mm BBK TB-Hypertech programmer-Hypertech 160 stat-BBK aluminum crank pulley-Skip shift eliminator-B&M sport shifter-Aeromotive LT1 fuel pressure regulator(46psi)-,Edelbrock Torque Arm, ,Aluminum driveshaft-high performance cross-drilled rotors and pads-Stealth switch.Infinity speakers and bazooka sub.12 CD changer.The car runs great. In near futur, headers,exhaust.

Just my opinion, but usually when something is illegal and could pose a significant threat for a car accident in an intersection, it is not a good idea.

Comment

Quiker change of lights.

Instead of 4 minutes who wait 35 sec. till it turns green for you.Others don't know what going on,their light just turned yellow then red and your gone on your way.
      [B]97 WS6 TransAm 6 speed Mods--Grey leather interior-Granatelli MAF-58mm BBK TB-Hypertech programmer-Hypertech 160 stat-BBK aluminum crank pulley-Skip shift eliminator-B&M sport shifter-Aeromotive LT1 fuel pressure regulator(46psi)-,Edelbrock Torque Arm, ,Aluminum driveshaft-high performance cross-drilled rotors and pads-Stealth switch.Infinity speakers and bazooka sub.12 CD changer.The car runs great. In near futur, headers,exhaust.

Comment

personally, i wouldnt put strobes. and whats the matter sittin at a light for 4 minz? if it bothers u, leave 4 mins earlier
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by lavapearl
          Instead of 4 minutes who wait 35 sec. till it turns green for you.Others don't know what going on,their light just turned yellow then red and your gone on your way.
          I am not sure about Canada, but here in the States, the average red light duration is 60-90 seconds, and larger and busier intersections up to 180 seconds. Otherwise called the red light clearance interval.

If you can't wait 1 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes, then maybe you should think about selling your car and taking the bus.

Peace of mind and a clear conscience are a beautiful thing.

When those authorized vehicles trigger the sensors with their 14 Hz strobes, the normal traffic light cyle is stopped and then goes into the "preemption sequence". This means all the traffic lights that are facing all the vehicles approaching the intersection are switched to "red" with the exception of the traffic light for the vehicle that has triggered the preemption sequence.

There is no yellow, and that it why it is illegal and can be very dangerous.

C'mon man, put the thinking cap on.

Comment

Some of your questions are a bit ridiculous..... first its your "stealth lights".... now its strobe lights so you don't have to suffer a minor inconvenience and can avoid issues that those of us dumb enough not to have strobe lights and stealth lights have to endure.

All this comes across as very selfish, immature and irresponsible. Not sure you're on the correct site, because I don't think most of the people here share your concerns over minor inconveniences in life, particularly when your actions endanger the lives of others.

End of sermon, and I'll avoid posting to your questions in the future so I don't hurt your feelings any farther.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

No feeling hurt

Comment

Another load of crap. If this were the case, every schoolbus that entered an intersection would set it off.

Comment

Working...
                X