Never bring a knife to a gun fight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never bring a knife to a gun fight

Unless you're this guy. Ooo-Rah!!! Score one for the good guys!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197498,00.html

Former Marine Fends Off Atlanta Robbers With Pocket Knife
    Tuesday, May 30, 2006

ATLANTA — A former Marine used a pocket knife to fend off a group of would-be robbers, killing one and wounding another, police said.

Thomas Autry, who authorities said will not be charged, had been walking home from his job tables Monday night when four people got out of a car and chased him, Atlanta police detective Danny Stephens said.

One of the attackers had a shotgun and another had a pistol, Stephens said.

The suspects caught up with Autry, who yelled for help and pulled a knife out of his backpack. He kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands and stabbed both a 17-year-old girl who jumped on him and a man who also attacked him.

The suspects fled in their car but police found them later at a hospital where the girl was pronounced dead. The man stabbed in the incident was in critical condition, Stephens said.

Autry's attackers will face robbery and aggravated assault charges and are suspected in other robberies over the past week, Stephen said.

Stephens credited Autry's military training with helping him fend off the group.

"I would say he had to do what he had to do to stop the threat," Stephens said. "You can tell his training kicked in and he knew what to do."

Autry, 36, suffered a cut to his hand and a bruise on his chest, Stephens said.
    Another report on this said the one with the handgun tried to fire but the gun jammed.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

And I thought this could only happen in movies! Shows that our men and women get the best training in the world when it comes down to it!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Good ole Southern justice!

Comment

Here's another link with video interviews with the girl's Mother and the Marine.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9290011/detail.html

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I don't know...Its true, he defended himself, and that I can understand and agree with...Still sad...Watch the video of Autry and you will see what I mean.
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Whenever a life is taken it is unfortunate.

But, when you go to rob someone at gunpoint....what else can you expect.

I hate to say it, but if only this would happen more often, maybe some criminals would think twice.

Comment

I agree .
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

Very nicely done, my hats off to the guy.
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I gurantee you the family's victim will sue.
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                    I gurantee you the family's victim will sue.
                    Huh!?

Did you mean "..the victim's family will sue."? Mr. Autry is the victim....The dead girl was a criminal...so you should say "the dead girl's family will sue." or "the criminal's Family will sue."

And you are porbably right...many times a civil suit is filed even when the DA and Police think the vicitms self-defense actions were justified.

Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
                      Huh!?

Did you mean "..the victim's family will sue."? Mr. Autry is the victim....The dead girl was a criminal...so you should say "the dead girl's family will sue." or "the criminal's Family will sue."
                      Er yeah.... That's what I meant lol
                      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                      X