2002/3 TrailBlazer what do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002/3 TrailBlazer what do you think?

Well my girlfriend is looking into a new car. We really like the Trailblazers. We are looking at a 2003, 34000 miles for 21000. Or possible a 2002 black with about 44000 miles for a lot less at the same dealership(damn dealership wouldn't say how much though). I just wanted to see what your views were on these things.....esp. you ken, since i know you own an envoy. Thanks guys.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

I drive a 02 for my company car never had any issues with it
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

I personally like them. I was working for a Chevy dealership when they came out and liked them from the start. The only issue I have heard is that the 4WD versions have lots of trouble with the tranny. Atleast my sister-in-law's did. She had it in the shop about once a month for a while there. I would check out consumer reports to see if that is an issue with them, and see what other probs people have had.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I would suggest you take a look at the Isuzu Ascender. I looked at a Trailblazer and Envoy and found the Ascender to be much more realisticly priced and have a better warranty to boot. Having owned an Isuzu Rodeo prior to trading it for the Ascender, we were happy with the local service (this may be a problem in your area as Isuzu dealers are not as popular as they once were) and the deal we got was fantastic for a leftover 2004. Good bang for the buck and the truck is a blast with 275HP and lots of pulling power for our camper. I would suggest the Ascender (along with the Trailblazer and Envoy) as a good bet. No problems since new and I'm at 16,000 miles.

Search Autotrader for a selection of Ascenders. It's worth a look......
        2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
        buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
        Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

I just bought a 2006 GMC Envoy SLE. They had 4k rebates at the time and with discounts you could have gotten it for 24,500 before taxes. The truck stickered for 31K. I had GM card true up earning that covered the tax.

I've seen brand new base model trailblazers advertised in upstate NY for 21K. You have to watch the trailblazers as the base model didn't come with some nice features, like dark tint, power mirrors and keyless entry.

I've only had mine for 10 weeks and only have 1400 miles on it, but I like it..

Good Luck.
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Thanks, for the input guys. She still hasn't decided, but it seems her father(who she doesn't see often unfortunatly) works for chrysler. So she may be looking into a new commander or cherokee. Employee discount i guess will keep it in her price range. We'll see....
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
            X