A Man Had Tickets to the World Cup...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Man Had Tickets to the World Cup...

A man had great tickets for the World Cup Final. As he sits down, another man comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the empty seat next to him.

"No," he says. "The seat is empty." This is incredible!" says the other man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the World Cup Final, the biggest sporting event in the world, and not use it?"

"Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. My wife was supposed to come with me, but she passed away.

This is the first World Cup Final we haven't been to together since we got married in 1966 in London."

"Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head. "No. They're all at the funeral."
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Funny.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Funny!

The World Cup is definitely the Grand stage of all sporting events in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
        Funny!

The World Cup is definitely the Grand stage of all sporting events in the world.
        Except here ....

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
          Except here ....

LOL agreed
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

4.5 billion people will be watching the World Cup Final...

It makes the Super Bowl look like minor leagues.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

super bowl > world cup.
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
                super bowl > world cup.
                As mentioned maybe in the US but nowhere else in the world!
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                  As mentioned maybe in the US but nowhere else in the world!
                  How bout we live up to the U.S. stereotype......who cares about the rest of the world?
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
                    super bowl > world cup.
                    Quoted for truth.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                      4.5 billion people will be watching the World Cup Final...

It makes the Super Bowl look like minor leagues.
                      Absolutely. I love Football here in the states and of course the Superbowl, but when over 3/4 of the entire world is watching the World Cup Finals, nothing else even comes close. Nothing.

Jay, did you see De Rossi elbow Brian Mc Bride? Pretty action packed game overall actually.

Ghana looks strong, I hope we can close them out on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        Absolutely. I love Football here in the states and of course the Superbowl, but when over 3/4 of the entire world is watching the World Cup Finals, nothing else even comes close. Nothing.

Jay, did you see De Rossi elbow Brian Mc Bride? Pretty action packed game overall actually.

Ghana looks strong, I hope we can close them out on Thursday.
                        That elbow was pretty strong.

Terrible officiating all game long.

Comment

That group is pretty strong. Nobody is for sure in the next round.

It can even happen that Italy gets thrown out in the first round. Lets hope not for the players sake, the last time they were welcomed back with rotten tomatoes
                          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

The World Cup is a huge event, no question. However, pro soccer of any type isn't even in the top six in the US. This country, as a whole, just isn't interested.

Still, I watch here and there with a fleeting interest. It's cool, but I guess I just never got it.
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                            X