Arizona Has To Be Kidding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    Acutually, it already existed until societies became more "civilized", intolerant of others, decided to put up borders, conquer other lands for supremacy, etc. and usually in the name of religion. Somewhere along the line, people decided to start claiming ownership of the land that they stand on. It was once said that people fighting about who's land it is can be compared to two fleas fighting over who owns the dog they both are feeding on. It has happened for as long as humans interacted with other humans, it just went a different direction when borders and "civilizations" came to be.

It very well may never become totally globalized as "civilizations" aren't tolerant of each other. There are too many egos and frankly, people just can't get along. The mix of cultures is impossible to stop. Genetics will see to that, so will booming populations.
    Since the days of Adam and Eve, there has never existed "one society." People began to immediately form separate and different societies and cultures. Even during the brief period of Babel(Babylon) where the Babylon society developed a universal language, there still existed other very different cultures asnd languages around the world. Then of course, after Babel, the language diversity was jump started.

It's not so much that the different cultures aren't tolerant of each other(and God knows they aren't tolerant in most cases), as it is the fact that it would take 10's of thousands of generations to dilute the specific genetic groups
    to a point where they would be alike in that manner. And that is given that the world continues along with the trend it is currently following.

Just look at Asia, they are spittin' out the kids faster than you can say condom!

Maybe the aliens have been here all along and ARE the Asians! j/k

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      We could always strategically place explosives along the San Andreas fault and have a free scratchoff giveaway on the coastal edge of California and set 'em sailing!
      I have a feeling Craig and Steve are going to chime in here...

With that explanation, your perspective makes much more sense. And I agree, it shouldn't even come down to having to legislate this kind of thing, but unfortunately I think in this day and age we have to do so to send a message to all immigrants coming here illegally.
      I agree we need the legislation nowadays. I suppose it's just frustration on my part. It's almost comical. At least it would be if it weren't true. I have an example of how I view this...

You work for a company as a Java programmer. You have a cubicle, get paid the average pay, and do all the things the company requires you to do in order to get paid. One day, you notice some people just show up at the office. Now they never were officially hired by the company. They just snuck in through the receiving docks. They drink the coffee in the kitchen. They eat the food people bring in. The use the supplies at the first aid station. They even have a cubical. Now, granted... There's about 10 of them in that cube, but they're still using it.

They are working on the same project as you, but they are programming with HTML. It's almost "foreign" to you as a programmer for this company being Java has always been the method of choice since the company's inception.

All of a sudden, your company decides to have a meeting. This meeting will decide whether or not to use HTML or Java as the official programming language. They would prefer to use Java, but they need to put it in writing. Mind you... These people showed up without being formally hired. Yet, the company feels the need to have a meeting about it instead of just firing their @$$e$ out the door from which they came.

/end rant.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Sometimes a spanking isn't enough when the kids are bad. Sometimes grounding or kicking them out doesn't seem to be effective either.

Sometimes you just have to write the rules on the 'fridge.

Comment

Sometimes a spanking isn't enough when the kids are bad. Sometimes grounding or kicking them out doesn't seem to be effective either.

Sometimes you just have to write the rules on the 'fridge.
          Touche
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            I have always said it will take an invasion from space to bring the Earth together. I know it sounds goofy or corny but think about that.
            I've been known to say that a few times as well!

just think how quickly all of mankinds differences would just fall away in the face of an attack from a society capable of interstellar travel.
            Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
              I've been known to say that a few times as well!

just think how quickly all of mankinds differences would just fall away in the face of an attack from a society capable of interstellar travel.
              Right now I think the entire world would join together except the muslims.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Right now I think the entire world would join together except the muslims.
                They would think Allah was finally here to destroy the "Great Satan".
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                  They would think Allah was finally here to destroy the "Great Satan".
                  They would join the aliens along with a few of the people in the US who are rooting for the US to loose in Iraq.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                    I have a feeling Craig and Steve are going to chime in here...
                    We would of course go pick them up in our f-body convoy, and then shoot fireworks in celebration of the large illegal immigrant land boat!

......along with a few of the people in the US who are rooting for the US to loose in Iraq.
                    You mean these people, right?

Comment

English

Its been this country language for over 200 years, why should it be changed for the too lazy to learn it. If I moved to any other country my first job would be to learn the language. Except England I cant understand that language.

Comment

Working...
                      X