Quiet dirt bike exhaust?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet dirt bike exhaust?

I used to have a yamaha blaster that had the FMF pipe on it and all, it was definetly to loud. My friend had a YZ 125 with the same pipe, he also had the stock pipe which was loud.

My friends and I are going to start riding again and I might pick up a CR 125. However it has the FMF pipe on it and I dont want it to be loud, I want to make it as quiet as possible. Which kind of silencer and or pipe would make it quiet. I was thinking about welding on a silencer/muffler from one of those recons or something that is very quiet.
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

I just put a Muzzy canister with a silencer on my DS650. It was barely any louder than the stock exhaust but gives you about 5 RWHP.

FMF, Muzzy, Yoshimura, Two Brothers, Pro Circuit, and White Brothers all make their canisters with optional silencers.

I just started riding again after about a 5 year hiatus. You can see my Muzzy canister in the bottom pic barely.

This was after some mud riding in the rain.

Comment

I have subscribed to dritrider for about 5 years so im sure i will find an article that can help you. They test silencers often because many tracks have national parts have noise regulations. I will be looking because im sure i seen a test a few issues back.

Comment

Typically, the addition of a spark arrester to any off road bike will quiet the exhaust quite a bit.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

yes and the longer the better, shorties just scream and thats not what you want. I see 2 procircuit silencers for offroad with spark arresters. The type 296 is 145 and the Us forestry approved silencer is 135. Fmf makes the turbinecore II Q its about 150. From what all the mags said, the fmf Q is the quietest on 4 strokes, but im not sure about your 2 stroke. We have owned both procircuit as well as fmf and they are both quality products but there is maintenace like any other thing. You will need to repack your silencers ever so often you can easly tell because it will gradually get louder. Good luck in you pipe search. What kind of riding do you mostly do?

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I usually go trail riding and once and awhile hits some jumps. I used to ride alot with the blaster until I flipped it. I had been riding for three years and never crashed. AFter riding the same trails over and over, I came across a small drainage hole buried in brush and the front right tire caught it at about 40-45 mph. I flew a good 35 feet while the quad twisted in half and flew over me. I just take it easy on the trails now. Everything about powersporsts is so much fun no matter how fast you are going.
            1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Working...
            X