scared the flatuance outta me!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scared the flatuance outta me!!!!!!!

was pulling into the gym parking lot today about 12:30pm (i was off) when this gawd awful noise comes from the dash "wwwweeeeeeee weeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee "....."service engine oil soon".......displays...... (never heard that annoying warning signal....it sucks!) now i need one for "service underwear soon".......

so i park...and think, wtf?...i just turned 6800 miles... and ive changed the oil twice already with mobile 1 extended life synthetic..... the last change being only 1900 miles ago..... so i checked my oil... looks fantastik...and right at the perfect level on the ford stick, er dip stick..sorry.... then it struck me...... the gm oil minder system is a little different on the gto than the Envoy... so i read the trusty owners manual. ok... dummy... i didnt reset the "timer" when i changed the oil..no biggie...so i followed the owners manual..... time would not reset...every time i turned on the key, after the check sequence ended it got the wwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeee shit and the message, which goes away when you push "mode".. after the fourth try....i called the dealer service manager (he's a friend) and asked him if there is a problem with reseting the system.."not that i know of" he said......"just bring it in..we'll reset it on the computer''...... swell... ok.. but at my convience.... if i dont shit myself from the weeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeee chit....first.

like all old time motor butts, the first thing that occured to me was "i aint the only one this has happend to........" so i came home, got online and went to the ls1gto.com forum and did a search....... LOL...sure enough... good info.. the first one i tried for grins was holding the up and down buttons and reseting that way...didnt work... then i just did the simple thing.... depressed the accelerator pedal 3 times with the ignition on and turned it to lock. waaaaaaallllllllla. reset.........

why? cause the owners manual is friggin wrong!!!! its says depress the pedal 2 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought it was legit, even though having all the info on gm cars for reseting the oil minders always says 3....cause its a Holden.......never occured to me to try 3...

now i can sleep tonight......... LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Strange......well at least you know how to do it now.

Comment

Man, this thread is stinky. Ken's farting and shi!!ing...

watch ur tongue, boy..............
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

we discover new stuff about our cars all the time.. sometimes years later. It took me 2 years to discover the pull-out cup holder on the pass side Now I use it all the time instead of the cup-holder in the armrest (doesn't block shifter when its used) but man, figured you would have heard all the bells and whistles on that Holden you got there ... man your story is full of s**t aka brown racing stripes
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

I always wondered how that was spelled "flatuance"
          1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Same thing happened to my goat and I. Good ole ls1gto helped me out.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 TA
              I always wondered how that was spelled "flatuance"
              That's the Virginia hillbilly spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
                Same thing happened to my goat and I. Good ole ls1gto helped me out.
                ls1gto...hmmm...is that like beano?

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I thought it was the three little pigs that went wee, wee, wee all the way home, not the big bad wolf!

No, that's not right either

Comment

yall r sooooo funny........

u outta be on stage!!!!!!!!!!

it leaves from Ft. Worth in 10 min's.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                    X