Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veterans Affairs man supposedly dismissed..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Affairs man supposedly dismissed..

My father told me this morning that yesterday the VA employee whom was accused by the VA of stealing the laptop has apparently been dismissed with limited benefits.

Anyone know any more on this?

There was nothing said in the office today about this, and there is no mention of it this evening on the local newswires (but there is a mention about my office being commended for innovations in maintaining veterans' healthcare records). I'll ask around tomorrow and let you know tomorrow evening if I learn anything.

However, I rather doubt that he will suffer any adverse financial repercussions. After all, he had written permission from his superiors to do what he did. He's a GS-14, step 10, employee over 60 years of age and with more than 34 years of federal service. He was on full-pay administrative leave as of the end of pay period 12 (June 24).

It may be that they try to fire him as a public relations stunt, but I suspect that by the time his appeal worked its way through the Merit Systems Protection Board, he would end up with full back pay, full retirement, his legal expenses fully paid and a nice bonus for his trouble if he would please agree not to sue for wrongful prosecution. But by that time, the public will mostly have forgotten the incident and the "heat" would be off.

Just my take. I'll let you know what I find out.
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Just curious...being a veteran and federal employee myself, but why is this guy taking all the heat when he had written permission from his supervisors?
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

It won't be in the news just yet. My Father works at the Warner Robins Air Logistics Center in the 542nd Combat Support Wing. He is up there in rank and is usually privy to some high up information.

Let's see what Roger finds out in his office. I wanted to just see if anyone had heard anything else. I probably shouldn't say anymore.

Comment

As of 1630 today, he remains on administrative leave and continues to receive his full salary.
          R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Working...
          X