sticking with the new chargers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticking with the new chargers

Saw one of the new chargers dogging a Z28 the other day was wondering what mods would be need to stick with the new chargers
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

Tow rope?

Comment

Bad but funny...

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

they are not that fast....... my goat eats em. lt1 or ls1 f body?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          they are not that fast....... my goat eats em. lt1 or ls1 f body?
          never mind..i see your'e a 95. cam, heads, long tubes, low flow cats, 3" cat back, 52mm tb, good tune...you should be fine..

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

If it was just the 5.7 liter 340 HP version, then they are no threat to a LS1/2 f-body. Your LT1 is a slightly different story. Headers, exhaust, 1.6 rockers, better valve springs, gears, tuning, and CAI should get you close.

They also have the 6.1 liter 425 HP SRT-8 version which is pretty quick. The main disadvantage of the Charger though is that it is pig heavy at ~4,100 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
              If it was just the 5.7 liter 340 HP version, then they are no threat to a LS1/2 f-body. Your LT1 is a slightly different story. Headers, exhaust, 1.6 rockers, better valve springs, gears, tuning, and CAI should get you close.

They also have the 6.1 liter 425 HP SRT-8 version which is pretty quick. The main disadvantage of the Charger though is that it is pig heavy at ~4,100 lbs.
              I've driven both the standard hemi and the SRT-8. The standard Hemi should be no problem with a few mods. That SRT-8 is a different story. You'll need to dig a little deeper into your pockets for the mods. I'm not sure what the times quoted are, but the SRT-8 sure felt like a low 13 second car stock. Heavy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                I've driven both the standard hemi and the SRT-8. The standard Hemi should be no problem with a few mods. That SRT-8 is a different story. You'll need to dig a little deeper into your pockets for the mods. I'm not sure what the times quoted are, but the SRT-8 sure felt like a low 13 second car stock. Heavy though.
                How did the overall quality of the car seem....fit and finish? So far not a single problem with my SRT-10.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  How did the overall quality of the car seem....fit and finish? So far not a single problem with my SRT-10.
                  Respectable, especially the interior. No rattles, squeaks or ill fitting parts. Body panel lines were even and centered. I was pretty darned impressed, truth be known. If I weren't such a cheapskate, I would have already bought a 300 SRT-8. Luxury, decent handling and hauls banannas. My hat's off to the company, I've checked out quite a few of their other products too..... Crossfire, your SRT-10, Magnum, Charger..... they all gave me the same impressions. A big thumbs up. I haven't driven a new Viper, the last one kinda disappointed me. Yeah it had torque, but it banged around a bit in town and I thought it felt a little "loose" in the structure for the dough. Maybe because it was a roadster? It felt like I was driving a low one ton dually, not a sportscar.

Comment

I've seen stock SRT-8s go sub 13s. Not bad for a family car.
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                      I've seen stock SRT-8s go sub 13s. Not bad for a family car.
                      Me too.

A buddy of mine bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 a while back. The only thing he has done so far is install a aftermarket CAI and BNC filter and that 4,800 lb bohemoth pulled a few 13.30's after some practice.

Comment

I haven't driven a new Viper, the last one kinda disappointed me. Yeah it had torque, but it banged around a bit in town and I thought it felt a little "loose" in the structure for the dough.
                        Right on the money. I've driven every generation of Viper. There's nothing refined about them. Their best trait is that they are head turners.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                          Right on the money. I've driven every generation of Viper. There's nothing refined about them. Their best trait is that they are head turners.
                          Thanks, I thought maybe I was being over critical.

Comment

Thanks, I thought maybe I was being over critical.
                            Not at all. They have tons of tons of torque but they mate it to a 3.07 gear that makes if feel kinda sluggish at times. Now, if you know how to exploit the power, you will be smiling from ear to ear. My 98 Viper had rusty bolts on it where there shouldn't be.

Comment

i drove the full blown charger too, to me..it looks like a pick up that ended up with a sedan body..and its feels heavy...

lets face it...year after year, something always comes out faster than you stock.....if that bothers you, you either buy something new faster, or you keep on modding......

me...im outta that stage now....... i really dont care about romping another car, i just enjoy the thrills of driving my own....

Comment

Working...
                              X