Photo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo

Finally figured how to put a photo on one of these sites. Here is my old Beretta which I sold a couple of years ago. Ran 4.70s at 153 in the 1/8th a little quicker than my Z.
    http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...7/MVC-027S.jpg
    http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...7/MVC-026S.jpg

You're allowing the actual URL to get parsed. That's why you see the series dots (periods) between the URL.

In Photobucket, after you upload your picture, it gives you 3 options of links below your picture. URL, Tag, and IMG. Copy the entire IMG link and then just paste that directly into your post. It will then display the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
      Finally figured how to put a photo on one of these sites. Here is my old Beretta which I sold a couple of years ago. Ran 4.70s at 153 in the 1/8th a little quicker than my Z.
      http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...7/MVC-027S.jpg
      http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...7/MVC-026S.jpg
      I gotta say, i wasn't expecting that when i read beretta
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Looks like you fixed the links. Tell us some more about the chassis and motor.

Comment

Stock Beretta

Its stock I swear. Well maybe slightly modified. Has the very rare 632 option. It does have a stock Beretta grille, head & tail lights. It has an all figerglass body with a double frame rail chromemoly chassis by Don Ness. Built in 1990. 4 link, Ford 9" braced, Aluminum center section, 40 spline axles. Weight 2040 without driver. All aluminum 632 block by Keith Black. 15-1 gas ported ross pistons, Big Chief heads with extensive pro stock porting , Jesel rockers, .830 Int. .810 Ex. comp cam. Sheet metal intake, 2 - 1150 dominators. MSD crank trigger ignition. 1 fogger stage and 2 plates. Full JW glide. Ran 5.07 @ 135 on motor in the 1/8th, 4.76 @ 153 on a 250 shot pedaling it. Any more than 250 and it would want to turn right. I was told that the rear had to be reinforced or changed to handle the power, as they start to twist or bend under this kind of force. The car is in Texas with a smaller motor in it and I still hear from the new owner sometimes. Unfortuntely he has hit the wall twice with it but its still rebuildable. The 632 is in Lakeland Fla. and has not been run since I sold it. I miss the crazy heads up racing I did with it, but the new toy will take my mind off it, even though it will be quite a bit slower. As you can see your photo information worked. Thanks.

Comment

Sounds like a killer setup! Anything over 600" is just a sweet song to my ear!

Wherabouts in TX is the car? I am in New Braunfels, just about 20 miles NE of San Antonio.

Comment

Texas

The car is in Baytown, Texas just outside of Houston. I have not heard from Scott for about 6 -8 months. Probably still under repair, fiberglass damage to the car. Yes, big motors have a deep sound, and it is music to my ears too. The fogger and plate systems had not been put on yet when this photo was taken. It looked like a plumbers nightmare.

Comment

The car is in Baytown, Texas just outside of Houston. I have not heard from Scott for about 6 -8 months. Probably still under repair, fiberglass damage to the car. Yes, big motors have a deep sound, and it is music to my ears too. The fogger and plate systems had not been put on yet when this photo was taken. It looked like a plumbers nightmare.
                Lucky dog, he must be very close to HRP. Is the car still the same color?

Comment

Color

When I sold the car it had that color on it. It is called Viper red. He may have had to re paint after busting up the fiberglass. I have not seen a picture of the car lately.

Comment

Fast TA

How close are you to Baytown? Or HRP? Looks like about 3 hrs on the map. If Scott calls me again, and has the car back together I will let you know if you are interested in seeing it run. Even with the small motor it was hitting 4.90s in the 1/8th.

Comment

How close are you to Baytown? Or HRP? Looks like about 3 hrs on the map. If Scott calls me again, and has the car back together I will let you know if you are interested in seeing it run. Even with the small motor it was hitting 4.90s in the 1/8th.
                      Depends on traffic. When traffic isn't bad and the troopers aren't too bad, we can make it to Houston in under 2 hours. HRP is about another 40-45 minutes. To go see the nationals at HRP, we have to leave on Thursday night. Loop 610 in Houston on Fridays is friggin murder.

I'll be at HRP sometime in September to help our friends with his top fuel altered car. It's a 1988 210" altered dragster. 596" TF fuel motor. He has run a best of 5.21 in the 1/4 on the new chassis. He does some exhibition runs with it there at HRP. He tried to run it here at San Antonio Raceway and his son crossed it up bad and almost put it in the wall hard. He had it up on the left 2 tires so hard, it actually scraped the left side zoomies! IHRA told him he could not bring the car back. LOL NHRA told him to bring it on.

They have asked me to drive that car for the last 7 years. I wouldn't mind except for one minor little detail on TF altered cars.....the driveshaft runs right between your legs!

Comment

Ouch

I can understand your concern about the driveshaft.
                        The Pro Mod cars require a full shield around the length of the driveshaft. Mine only had 3 loops around it. Friend of mine had a similar setup and it still came thru the floor. Fortunately it did not get him but it did crack the back of his Lenco and tear the floor up.
                        Low fives in the 1/4, that should be a ride.

Comment

Working...
                        X