Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for those of you with aftermarket hoods...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those of you with aftermarket hoods...

I'm getting my ss aftermarket hood replaced. Mines cracked and has waves from where the supports to keep the hood up are.

I was wondering which hoods you guys have and if you have experienced the wave problems as well?

It sounds like you bought a cheap hood. What brand is it?

I have a SLP hood on my car, no problems.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      It sounds like you bought a cheap hood. What brand is it?

I have a SLP hood on my car, no problems.
      i didn't buy it. came on the car when i bought it. I dont know which it is. I think it's the suncoast creations one though. The ss scoop looks a little wider than normal

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
        i didn't buy it. came on the car when i bought it. I dont know which it is. I think it's the suncoast creations one though. The ss scoop looks a little wider than normal
        Suncoast Hoods are not known for an OEM look. Quality is hit and miss.

Comment

suncoast s#cks........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
          X