gardening sucks...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gardening sucks...

Owwww!! It itches!!! Take a look at the hall of fame.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

I am an expert on that stuff. I can spot it a mile away and avoid it like the plague.
    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
      I am an expert on that stuff. I can spot it a mile away and avoid it like the plague.
      Well...I grew up in Hawaii and they don't have it there! So guess what, when I moved here in '93 I got in some when we lived in Goldsboro, the backyard fence had it growing all through the chain links. Found out about Fire Ants too...nasty little buggers.

This past week I got stung by 2 wasps. Grrrrr...sometimes I hate nature....

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
        Well...I grew up in Hawaii and they don't have it there! So guess what, when I moved here in '93 I got in some when we lived in Goldsboro, the backyard fence had it growing all through the chain links. Found out about Fire Ants too...nasty little buggers.

This past week I got stung by 2 wasps. Grrrrr...sometimes I hate nature....
        LOL. Sounds like my childhood here in Texas. Except for the poison ivy. I am lucky enough to say that I have never gotten into any of that. I have been stung by my share of fire ants and wasps, though. I was shocked to look at the pics of those rashes. I never knew it looked that bad.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I'm currently on a steroid cream because of this crap!!!

My arms are absolutely covered. It's getting better, but it still itches and burns like a SOB. I agree with Bruce... As much as nature can be awesome, I can learn to hate it once in a while.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I used to get it horrible in new york. After hurricane bob, me and my dad were cutting away trees that had fallen in the driveway and I got sprayed a few times with poison ivy juice from the chainsaw. I got it really bad, but I havn't had it since then. It could be because I moved to the midwest and then to florida.. but I would like to think I'm semi immune to it.

Either way it sucks really bad to get and I don't wish it on most people.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

My wife got it one time helping me put in our yard at a new home we bought. I had killed all the poison ivy and rototilled the yard so all that was left was dirt. But the dust raised during the raking process gave her Poison Ivy all over her body. And she gets all the big welts too...I only get a minor rash from the stuff. And yes, she has gotten poison ivy in the dead of winter too......the vines are just as bad as the leaves so be forewarned.
              2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

when I was a child I must've been immune because I once foolishly rubbed it on my forearm without so much as a mark. Although I've never been affected by poison ivy/poison oak, I would not try that today.
                Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Another expert here at the age of 18... best way to get rid...(hurts very much!) get in the shower make it kinda hot just a lil hotter than your use to ich it till its open let the shower wash it out then apply ivy dry to the now open wounds....makes u tear up..but gone the next day or 2 days depending on how bad your infected... i use to get the shot...i like the pills best they build your immune system up to it...i dont even get it now...recently rubbed aginst it nada
                  your racing 16 year old Camaro Berlinetta Digital Camaro 202 heads 4 barrel and soon to be headers with 4 inch running back

Comment

I live in the deep south and have poison ivy rash, many, many times. The more I got it, the less it affected me. Now, I can touch the leaves and it barely affects me. If you get it enough, you will become immune eventually.

Comment

Working...
                    X