Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CZ28 addresses the airplane on a conveyor belt riddle...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    The Aero Ace is the best kept secret in micro indoor planes. They are very robust compared to the other comparable models which are fragile. Indoor flyers don't necessarily mean easy to fly. Once you fly an Aero Ace in biplane form, then modify it to a mono wing and can successfully put it where you want it to go, you are ready for something more.

The biggest challenge in R/C is controlling direction when the thing is headed toward you. Moving away isn't so hard, coming at you the controls are basically reversed as Kevin pointed out earlier. The plane is flying toward you, a turn left stick input is given and the plane turns left.... only if it is flying toward you it turns to your right.
    I picked up an Aero Ace Biplane on my way home from work today. It's sitting in the island in the kitchen charging right now. I cant wait to fly it!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      I picked up an Aero Ace Biplane on my way home from work today. It's sitting in the island in the kitchen charging right now. I cant wait to fly it!
      Tell Tami to get some video or else!

Comment

Just remember guys...... resist the urge to fly in any wind.

And watch out for the dreaded plane eating trees.

Comment

I just flew it for the first time. Pretty calm, 3 mph gusts. I was able to get it up over the tops of 3 story houses, it looked like a dot in the sky. I was really worried I was going to get it stuck on someones roof, but then I got it back down lower and on my side of the street. I hit a house once, a tree twice, and had to get it off my roof once. Thankfully all I had to do was go out a 2nd floor window to get it and didnt need a ladder.

By the time the battery was going dead I had pretty good control of it. I even managed to fly it towards myself and catch it with my hand and when Kaela said "fly it over here" I was able to smack it right into her forehead. LOL> Good thing it is made of foam and doesnt weigh anything.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I just flew it for the first time. Pretty calm, 3 mph gusts. I was able to get it up over the tops of 3 story houses, it looked like a dot in the sky. I was really worried I was going to get it stuck on someones roof, but then I got it back down lower and on my side of the street. I hit a house once, a tree twice, and had to get it off my roof once. Thankfully all I had to do was go out a 2nd floor window to get it and didnt need a ladder.

By the time the battery was going dead I had pretty good control of it. I even managed to fly it towards myself and catch it with my hand and when Kaela said "fly it over here" I was able to smack it right into her forehead. LOL> Good thing it is made of foam and doesnt weigh anything.
            Congrats, you're now a member of AHAA anonymous. You've found the charm of the Aero Ace. The next step is to learn to fly precision manouvers. Work on figure eights in front of you and than do it with you at the cross of the figure 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              Congrats, you're now a member of AHAA anonymous. You've found the charm of the Aero Ace. The next step is to learn to fly precision manouvers. Work on figure eights in front of you and than do it with you at the cross of the figure 8.
              I just flew it again, Only the wind has picked up. Flying into a head wind was a challenge, it had nearly 0 ground speed and was very hard to keep strait. A lap around the back yard went really fast one way, and took forever to get back to the starting point into the headwind.

My neighbor was watching, and I offered him the controls....
              Not good.... He put it on top the other neighbors garage. We had to get the neighbor to crawl out their window to get it for us.

Needless to say, I wont be offereing the controls to any neighbors any more! I've only flown it twice, and am already pretty good at it, even in a good breeze. I'm excited to try the figure 8's.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

I just flew it again, Only the wind has picked up. Flying into a head wind was a challenge, it had nearly 0 ground speed and was very hard to keep strait. A lap around the back yard went really fast one way, and took forever to get back to the starting point into the headwind.

My neighbor was watching, and I offered him the controls....
                Not good.... He put it on top the other neighbors garage. We had to get the neighbor to crawl out their window to get it for us.

Needless to say, I wont be offereing the controls to any neighbors any more! I've only flown it twice, and am already pretty good at it, even in a good breeze. I'm excited to try the figure 8's.
                How fast would you say it goes in relatively little or no wind at WOT?

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  How fast would you say it goes in relatively little or no wind at WOT?
                  At WOT it climbs, You cannot fly it level at WOT.

In any event... not very fast. Maybe 5 mph.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

At WOT it climbs, You cannot fly it level at WOT.

In any event... not very fast. Maybe 5 mph.
                    I was reading over on RC Universe that some of the guys had experienced porpoising with their Aero Ace's as well. But, they took them back and exchanged them and they could then fly them in the same conditions at WOT without any porpoising.

Maybe you got one of the one's that porpoise? Might be worth a trip back to exchange it....who knows.

I guess for only $30 it is worth some practice time, before the Firebird Scout comes.

Comment

hey maybe you can try if the rc planes take off if you create the conveyor belt and engine speed conditions downscaled to the rc planes' size
                      93 t/a A4 3.23s
                      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                      99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                      99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                      97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                      00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

I was reading over on RC Universe that some of the guys had experienced porpoising with their Aero Ace's as well. But, they took them back and exchanged them and they could then fly them in the same conditions at WOT without any porpoising.

Maybe you got one of the one's that porpoise? Might be worth a trip back to exchange it....who knows.

I guess for only $30 it is worth some practice time, before the Firebird Scout comes.
                        Porpoising? What is that?
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

Porpoising? What is that?
                          Just like it sounds.....when the plane wants to nose up and climb too quickly. It can slow down the plane or even stall it.

Apparently you can make minor elevator adjustments to these Aero Aces. I have not held one in my hand so I cannot confirm this.

I bet you could even stick one or two sewing needles into the nose of the plane to help with the center of gravity. They call it CG for short. That's all we need is another acronym!

Comment

Just like it sounds.....when the plane wants to nose up and climb too quickly. It can slow down the plane or even stall it.

Apparently you can make minor elevator adjustments to these Aero Aces. I have not held one in my hand so I cannot confirm this.

I bet you could even stick one or two sewing needles into the nose of the plane to help with the center of gravity. They call it CG for short. That's all we need is another acronym!
                            OK, mine did that out of the box. I made an elevator adjustment to correct it.
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

OK, mine did that out of the box. I made an elevator adjustment to correct it.
                              There are two preferred methods. Use less throttle or make adjustments to the tail surfaces. Adding weight is not a good thing in aircraft. I like the combination of both. When you convert to a mono wing, the extra power will be useful. Let me know when you are ready to start the mods.

Comment

I'm picking up the Ace on lunch. I have to head over towards Toys R Us anyway, and all this talk has gotten me pumped up.

How long does it take to fully charge, Tracy? Also, how much flying time do you get out of a charge?
                                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                                X