Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the stupidest thing a ricer has ever told you???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the stupidest thing a ricer has ever told you???

This should be fun.
    (Stole the idea from another board)

I had one tell me that his muffler & tip added 20hp to his neon. When I tried to explain that I would be surprised if an entire cat-back gave him that gain, he explained to me how a muffler is worth more hp than "just a cat-back." I stopped talking at that point.
    No F-Body right now

Raced an SRT4 from a dead. I was in my 02 Z06. He pulls up next to me at the next light. Wow, that thing sure got me. What gears do you have? All 6M Corvettes came with 3.42s. Ok then. I know I'll get you on the highway. I pointed forward and said "The highway is right there".
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Haha @ Norm. Nice one!

I dusted a Civic, light-to-light, on a 1/8th stretch a few months back. He pulls next to me and says "You're lucky I haven't installed my 16 LB turbo yet". I replied "Why does that make me lucky? You would have still lost, and needed a valve job to boot". He gave me the finger and turned right at that light.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

A guy that worked with me ended up next to me in traffic when I was driving my T/A. I just leisurely accelerated until about 30 when I just hit it for a couple of seconds to get past some traffic and merge into another lane. When I got to work, he arrived about a minute later and said:

Ricer: "Did you see how I kept up with you though first gear?"
        Me: "uhhhh, you were racing?"

Comment

I had a ricer tell me my car was 'old technology' without knowing anything else about it, but when he found out that I hooked a laptop to it for tuning, etc. he was really surprised like he didn't know we could do that.

On the other hand, I had a owner of a '69 Roadrunner tell me he bored out his 383 to 500+ cubic inches and didn't stroke it or anything. Tracy was standing right there when he said it. We just looked at eachother like WTF?

I also had the owner of a '73 Mustang with a 351C tell me he had it bored out to '428 Cobra Jet specs'. I know he never had any work done to it because the starter motor was falling off and he had to jiggle the ignition switch to get it to start - basically he was to stupid to be able to tighten the starter up.

I must look gullible - people always tell me this kind of crap And it isn't just ricers saying stupid stuff, either.

Comment

Well both these times were in my friend Dakota R/T. First some guy in a civic gets owned and when he finally catches up he goes....this is just a four cylinder So we look at him and say, this is just a truck

And another guy has this turbo probe....could really hear the BOV, guy hangs with us from a roll.....but refuses to race us from a stand still. We finally talk enough smack to get him to race us and he gets sucked up and pulls up and says "i only have an exhaust, you shoulda killed me" Im sure that thesqueeling and the whale surfacing sound were just sound effects . Well we called him out on it and he just proceded to speed away after flipping us off. LOL, this is fun
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Not quite as impressive, buuuuuut...

Shortly after I got the Z, I was on my way home and sitting at a red light. As I'm , this goober in a late-90's GT pulls up, revs a couple times at me (yeah, whatever dude ) and turns right. Then, his buddy pulls up in a fox-body LX 5.0 and starts revving and revving and revving. I give him one rev of my stock exhaust, which is then followed by silence . He finally pipes up with "I can't help it, I like fifties" and makes his turn. Loser lol
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Silly Dom. "You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of naaaaas didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?"

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  Silly Dom. "You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of naaaaas didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?"
                  It's scary that you know those lines by heart, Kevin.

I, that goodness, have never been approached by rice. I think they are afraid to. I tend to the point and laugh though. LOL!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

The other day, my neighbor's buddy was telling me how his brother just bought an SRT-4. He told me that they raced (and beat) a couple of 350Z's, a G35 and all manner of Mustangs. The SRT 4 is bone stock too. That was good for a laugh.

Also, I've noticed clueless Mustang drivers seem to have a fetish with having 450 horsepower. My old boss had a Mach 1. "Yeah, it has 450 horsepower! It's got headers, Flowmasters...uh...the K&N filter is good for another 20 horsepower, pulleys, a chip...". My co worker has a 93 Cobra which he described as basically stock. That had 450 horsepower too

One of my friends almost bought a CAI for his Sebring because his friend told him he'd get 30 horsepower from it.
                    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                    SOLD- Kinda miss it
                    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                    SOLD- Good riddance!
                    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I've never had a ricer mess with me. There's tons of them around, too.

Maybe the sound of the Borla and the wide tires are enough to scare them off?

Wait till they hear the headers!
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                        I've never had a ricer mess with me. There's tons of them around, too.

Maybe the sound of the Borla and the wide tires are enough to scare them off?

Wait till they hear the headers!
                        Maybe you should stop wearing that silly Cheese hat when driving around. Maybe they take you more serious then.

Working all over the place I hear many stories and usually don't even bother to question them. Let them live with their stories. Whatever makes them happy.
                        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Ricers

Very limited experience with ricers except at the strip, where I would pick on them when I could. I ran a few on test nights with the Nova and beat them so bad they never said a word to me. The track always let us go solo when we ran the Beretta on test nights, would have liked to put down a few dragsters with that, but they never matched us up with any thing. Safety reasons I guess.
                          Ricers with the fart can exhaust neon lights and big wings are racing wannabees who are mostly know nothings. The real import racers don't put that fast and furious garbage on thier cars. When is hollywood ever going to learn anything about drag racing and cars in general. I have yet to see a movie that depicts drag racing in almost anything that resembles reality.
                          The stupidest thing ever said to me was from a guy who just opened a speed shop. He was talking about a local 1/8th mile track and said they were running in the 2s????? last weekend??? I went there for his grand opening because my cousin knew him and I still had the Pro Mod then. He had seen pictures of my car so he should have known I was knowledgable about drag racing. When he said that idiotic statement I said "what was that" in astonishment and he repeated his moron statement. It was the last time I saw or spoke to that idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
                            The stupidest thing ever said to me was from a guy who just opened a speed shop. He was talking about a local 1/8th mile track and said they were running in the 2s????? last weekend??? I went there for his grand opening because my cousin knew him and I still had the Pro Mod then. He had seen pictures of my car so he should have known I was knowledgable about drag racing. When he said that idiotic statement I said "what was that" in astonishment and he repeated his moron statement. It was the last time I saw or spoke to that idiot.
                            What He could only get 2's in the 1/8th...I run that in the 1/4. Just wait till i get my turbonator and turbo noise maker for my exhaust....talkin mid 1's
                            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

TF dragsters and funny cars run 2.0xx's at the 1/8th.

But, it would be highly unlikely that you would see a pro fuel team bring their car to an 1/8 mile track.

Comment

Working...
                              X