The new Camaro to be a Canadian?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Camaro to be a Canadian?

Based on the local newspapers, they think GM is going to announce on Monday as to where the new Camaro is being built. They also claim that the President of the CAW Union was invited to Oshawa, Ontario Canada for an announcement which could indicate that the car is being built in Oshawa, Canada.

The other contender to build the Camaro is a sports car plant in Wilmington, Delaware.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Wilmington is currently building the Kappa roadsters, but they're only making a little over 30,000/year right now. GM wants to ramp up production a bit, but there still seems to be a lot of excess capacity. I'm sure they have something else planned for that plant.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I actually live right down the road from that plant, and they do have LOTS of capacity...there are lay offs like 2 months of the year So i'm sure they could use some extra work.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Well here in Oshawa they have a flexible plant that they can switch productions relatively easy. The President of CAW said it wouldn't be a big contract but they hope to get other models as well in the near future.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
        X