cooper zeon available now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooper zeon available now

FINDLAY, Ohio (Aug. 24, 2006) — Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has added sizes to its Zeon Sport A/S and Discoverer S/T lines.

Cooper added two sizes to the Zeon Sport A/S line, 235/55ZR18 and 245/50ZR16. The first size fits the Toyota RAV4 Sport and Dodge Charger R/T while the latter size fits the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird.

Cooper also added size LT275/65R18 in load range E to the Discoverer S/T line for light trucks and sport-utility vehicles. The size is a replacement for the Ford F-250 and F-350.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Hmmm...this sounds like it could be a good option for folks that want a good quality all-weather performance tire. Below is the press release for the original intro in March. Any personal thoughts on these Ken?

I'm considering switching to an all-season now that I'm back in Virginia. Business here is more likely to shut down with a larger storm, and we've got the Sebring as a FWD backup driver with traction control.

FINDLAY, OHIO, MARCH 2, 2006 * COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY (NYSE: CTB) recently introduced a new generation ultra-high performance, all-season tire for today's most demanding cars and discriminating drivers * the Cooper Zeon Sport A/S. The Sport A/S redefines the all-season performance tire category by allowing drivers of sports cars, sports coupes and performance sedans year-round traction, predictable handling and control in both dry and wet road conditions.

The Cooper Zeon Sport A/S gives drivers the dry performance of an ultra-high performance tire, with a remarkable amount of grip, setting the all-season tire standard for driving in wet and winter conditions. Packed with a number of features, this all-season tire is specifically designed for serious drivers who demand dry road agility and performance in an ultra-high performance tire with the added convenience of suitability for
    driving during the winter months.

The Sport A/S represents Cooper innovation at its finest. This all-season tire features a new silica-enhanced, high-grip tread compound molded into a directional tread design for all-weather use. The tire's circumferential and transverse grooves pump water and slush away from the tire's footprint, which delivers additional all-season tire traction and excellent handling * even in areas that have light snow * to easily navigate through corners.

Cooper's new Sport A/S is creating a new level of excitement among high-performance vehicle owners because it's so quiet on the street, not to mention that the Sport A/S also takes advantage of leading-edge technology.
    This innovative tire features a highly sophisticated engineered package with a remarkable ability to deliver superior ride comfort and responsive handling while reducing noise.

Equally impressive is the innovative bold tread design. The sleek and stylish tread highlights Cooper's name which is molded into center of the tread design. This new all-season tire is W-speed rated in popular 55-, 50-, 45-, and 40-series sizes to fit in 16- through 18-inch wheel diameters. The Cooper Zeon Sport A/S sidewall styling features subtle black letters on a reversed stylized serrated band.

If you're fortunate enough to be sitting in the driver's seat (or even if you're not), you'll experience the performance and confidence that comes with riding on Cooper tires. The Cooper Zeon Sport A/S is designed to outperform in every way, which is why it's one of the most advanced all-season ultra-high performance tires available today.

The Cooper Zeon Sport A/S * the ultimate accessory for your vehicle. But then again, that's just what you'd expect from Cooper.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

its a d@mn good tire, broh.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

I've got Zeons on my 2002 SS. They're awesome tires, much better than the stock F1s. Recently I drove on a trip on flooded highways and the tires handled the water very well.

I recommend them to anyone.

They were $600 for all 4, taxes, mounting included. What a deal.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea how these would handle snow and slush?

For one reason or another Cooper isn't sold at Tirerack.com, and I'm having difficulty finding any decent comparisons.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
            Does anyone have any idea how these would handle snow and slush?

For one reason or another Cooper isn't sold at Tirerack.com, and I'm having difficulty finding any decent comparisons.
            crummy...its not a tire designed for that.

Comment

Got anything in a 355/25-19?
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I have the Cooper Zeon 2XS tires on my TA, and they actually handle the snow pretty well. I drive my car all year round here in Ohio, and I have driven through some serious snow in last couple of years.

I did have some trouble in some slush a couple years ago, but that was more my fault than the tires.

I am sure there are some better winter tires out there, but for all-season performance the Cooper's have been great.

Randy
                99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                  crummy...its not a tire designed for that.
                  Ahhh..OK. I figured they took that into account with the "All Season" designation.

I've been swapping out to Blizzaks and they're truly awesome in the slush. Unfortunately I don't quite have the room to store them in my new apartment, so I'm looking into a decent replacement that can do an adequate job in winter weather without too much sacrifice in the dry/wet arena.

I don't race, and my car's a daily driver. Firestone Wide Ovals have been great, but they're about as good as slicks on when it snows.

[EDIT]
                  I went back and checked the Cooper Website. Zeon 2XS is not rated for snow, but the Zeon Sport A/S is. So it does have some capability...maybe slightly below their typical passenger all season tire.
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
                    Ahhh..OK. I figured they took that into account with the "All Season" designation.

I've been swapping out to Blizzaks and they're truly awesome in the slush. Unfortunately I don't quite have the room to store them in my new apartment, so I'm looking into a decent replacement that can do an adequate job in winter weather without too much sacrifice in the dry/wet arena.

I don't race, and my car's a daily driver. Firestone Wide Ovals have been great, but they're about as good as slicks on when it snows.

[EDIT]
                    I went back and checked the Cooper Website. Zeon 2XS is not rated for snow, but the Zeon Sport A/S is. So it does have some capability...maybe slightly below their typical passenger all season tire.
                    its is "all season"... but not all a/s tires really do that well i snow and ice...even though they qualified for an a/s rating.... if you have to drive alot in that kinds of stuff... i wouldnt recommend these tires, thats alll.

Comment

Working...
                    X