Can't win for trying...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't win for trying...

A couple weeks ago, I asked about the position of my front plate. I had it in the windshield in plane site, but one of the DLA "police" at the facility where I work said it wasn't legal. Ken said that he had asked VA State Police. They had said that windshield is not ok, but on the airdam is.

So I moved it to the airdam about 2 weeks ago. This morning, another officer asked me if it was "new". Odd statement, but I know a number of folks have been doing this for years. State Police said it was ok, so I said "No, it's not". He let me go. I guess I'll keep it there till they push it. Nobody said anything about the windshield for 4 months. I'm not getting that horrible SLP mount, and don't want to drill holes in my car. Grrrr!!

Should've gotten a Firebird. At least they have an integrated plate holder.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

mary got 4 tickets running with no front plate on the hawk... once mounted on the airdam, she didnt get pulled over one time in the next 4 years...same with y2khawk........and many other folks here. you need to print the law out from the net and carry it with you in the car (the law on front tags for your state you posted here). if i remember, it clearly makes the front air dam legal. somebody is trying to be an @$$ in your state (trooper)

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Give them a hat and a uniform and they think they are important and can make up their own rules if needed.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Well, I have the law in my glove box. The only issue is where it says that the plate has to be "clearly visible" and "clearly legible". One could argue that it isn't. Before it comes to that though, I'll make it known that a State Trooper had given it his blessing. If they push it, I'll switch it, but I won't be too happy.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

If needs be go back to the state police and try to have them add an official stamp or signature plus reference to your car to the printout of the "LAW". Should make it more official than "just" a printout.

Not sure though if the state police will do that.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
            Well, I have the law in my glove box. The only issue is where it says that the plate has to be "clearly visible" and "clearly legible". One could argue that it isn't. Before it comes to that though, I'll make it known that a State Trooper had given it his blessing. If they push it, I'll switch it, but I won't be too happy.
            yes it is...... because as i pointed out to the va state police....it doesnt say "how far away"...... sure, right on top of it isnt..but back some feet.....it is.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              yes it is...... because as i pointed out to the va state police....it doesnt say "how far away"...... sure, right on top of it isnt..but back some feet.....it is.
              Point taken, Ken. If the state doesn't have a problem with it, they shouldn't either.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Working...
              X