X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Car Video

Can anyone explain this video? It baffles me
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/08/ghost-car.html
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Maybe that section of fence is able to somehow flip up? If someone were to have cut it vertically near the posts? It would scratch the hell out of your car, but you could drive through it and it would fall back in place behind you.

Or, maybe that was David Copperfield's car.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I dont even think it needed to be cut. If the bottom of the fence wasnt attached to the vertical posts, the car could go underneath the chainlink. Espically if the fence wasnt stretched out properly when installed.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Dont you think the cop would have inspected the fence after that incident for loosness, or being cut open. Thus the mystery here, and the point of the video??? If there was an escape through the fence then the video is pointless if the cop found it, but he didn't. I doubt he didn't check it.
        94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

You dont think that its possible that that detail didnt get passed around the internet as well as the video? The video is ALOT more interesting thinking that the car mysteriously passed through the fence rather than passed under it.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Use some simple logic here.

The car had to go through the fence somehow right? It must not of been fastened to the posts very well, so the car was able to push under it, and then the fence just dropped back down behind it.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Well...... if I were in the chase vehicle, that chain link fence would not have stopped my persuit.

Comment

and maybe you're missing the obvious..... there could be a split in the road just prior to the fence shot..... the cop is on one road and the 'ghost' car the other.... take a look at the video again, just before the car 'disappeared.... the camera angle would definitely allow diverging roads...

Jim
                2000 Trans Am WS6.... Totally stock...

Comment

it just so happened that court tvs "hot pursuit" showed this video tonight...after seeing the video yet again....if you look at the fence just as the car hits it...watch the top fence railing, you can see it bouncing up and down. i betcha that the fence was just slack enough that it let the car go underneath it.
                  LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

It went underneath, the top post is loose and chain link fence if not stretched properly can be pretty springy. The car would be scratched up however.

Comment

Maybe it was Criss Angel - the "MindFreak" guy . . . . .

He's running out of tricks . . . . .
                      Darrin C
                      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

That Criss Angel has got some tricks that are fantastic. The levitation in the street is amazing and so is the one where he goes thru the store window. Anyone have a clue as to how these are done?

Comment

Working...
                        X