racing a cobra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing a cobra

So a few months ago this kid i know who has a 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra wants to race me. He had K&N cold air,dual magnaflow exhaust,4.11 gears, pulleys and some other small things. He kept buggin the shit out of me to race him so i finally said screw it and let's race. So we got everything set up to do it at 12 at nite on a straightaway. it was only about an 1/8th mile or maybe a lil longer straightaway. we had about 10 people there to watch and everything it was awesome!!! well we are all lined up and my friend raises his hands then drops them and we are off! we both end up roasting the crap out of our tires on takeoff( this was my first time racing) well we start picking up speed and i notice that i'm pulling away from him. i got up to about 85 or 90 then i let off. i look in my mirror and he's about 3 car lengths behind me. so i end up smoking him!!!! i was hella surprised cuz my car was almost stock at the time with only cold air intake and exhaust. I was stoked, it was my first race and i won!! Should i have beaten him or was it just luck?? I don't know if any of you have raced any cobras, but they are damn fast!
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Unless its one of the supercharged Cobras, they're about as fast as LT1s stock-for-stock. The 97's and 98's also had a problem with getting all of the power to the ground if I remember correctly. Something about either a lot of drivetrain loss or a bad rear end. In any case, good job
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

if you beat a cobra and you each had the mods you listed you got very lucky. He should have walked you.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
      X