Speeding Ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding Ticket

Yup you heard it. Got my first ticket in my whole life about 2 hours ago on my way to the gym. If I only would have not had to run today...

I almost thought about ditching when he came up behind me because when he turned his lights on, I looked at my spedometer which was reading 72 at the time. He asked how fast I was going, and I said about 60. I was some what relieved when he said he clocked me at 63 at not 72. Since it was a 45 zone, I didn't get criminal speeding. The only reason I'm PISSED was that he gave me ANOTHER ticket for 'squeeling tires' since my Trans churps when it drops gears. He was like, were you trying to get my attention with those schreeching tires? I replied with, it does that on it's own. This is the only reason that I'm now fighting the ticket with legal representation. My lawyer says I can probably get out of both. But now I have to leave work 2 hours early one day and pay 18$ to appear in court.

This is experience has just solidified my hated for the phoenix police department.

Anybody have any suggestions for when I got to court?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Iceslim0

Dude...youre gonna fight a ticket with a lawyer? Kinda silly isnt it? Your gonna pay more for the lawyer than what the ticket would cost ya. Go to court admit to the judge that you were speeding, more than likely he'll drop the tire squeeling ticket. No reason to hate the cops, you admitted to speeding almost 20mph over the limit, most of the cops I know would have give ya 5-8 over....anything else gets a ticket. Either way, good luck with whichever you do.
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

You hate the phoenix police department cause you got a ticket when you were doing close to 30mph over the speed limit?? You got lucky that he didn't clock you at the full speed, then you could have been going to jail. I get the feeling you gave him a bit of attitude considering most of the cops I know wouldn't write the additional ticket without getting some attitude from the person they pulled over. If your car chirps the tires by itself, I suggest you get that fixed and not blame a cop for noticing it and doing his job. Be a man and admit you were wrong. Sheesh.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

tell him youre really sorry, you worked your legs too hard and they weighed too much to pull them off the gas pedal.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I guess I'm more mad at myself because I fouled my flawless driving record. I was just driving like an ass at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm probably just going to fight the squeeling tires and request to have no point put on my license. As far as the lawyer goes, I have this thing where I pay monthly and get up to 300 hours of legal defense per year that I can use for anything. I've never used it before so I want to give it a try.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Iceslim0

Comment

Working...
          X