Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been offline for a while, just moved to Florida.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been offline for a while, just moved to Florida.....

My brother-in-law and I left Monday afternoon and drove straight through from New Braunfels, TX to Clearwater, FL....about 21 hrs with all the stops. I forgot how bad I-10 was through Louisiana....BuMpY! 75 down through Florida and across 275 was very nice.

I had a condo originally lined up before I came out, but the owner changed her mind about pets. That wasn't cool, so I had to obviously get another place. It was a little tough finding a condo this being Labor Day Weekend, but I finally found a nice place in Clearwater about 5 minutes from Clearwater Beach. Very cool area!

It's been raining on and off every since I got here. At least no hurricanes.......yet!

I am still in my hotel. The condo owner was just finishing up the hardwood floors, so hopefully I will be able to start moving over all my stuff from storage tomorrow. My condo is the only one on the 3rd floor of the building so I am going to have to get some maintenance guys to help me with all my stuff.......or maybe this will be a perfect oppurtunity to meet one of my hot single neighbors!

I'll get some pics of everything as soon as I fish my dig cam out of storage.

This thread is worthless without pics lol
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
      This thread is worthless without pics lol
      Once I go on the hidden treasure hunt to find my dig cam in storage, I will post up some pics. Every guy here needs to see the scenerey!

Comment

Welcome to Florida!

they say FL would be unihabitable without mosquito control and air conditioning.
        Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
          Welcome to Florida!

they say FL would be unihabitable without mosquito control and air conditioning.
          Thanks man.

I can actually say I think we had bigger and badder mosquitos in South TX, but you are definitely right on the money about A/C.

The humidity here is just a little thicker than San Antonio!

Comment

Clearwater? I'll be down there in November for my GF birthday. She likes the beach. Post those pics...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Welcome! That area is beautiful, but the traffic at times can be a killer. My Company's corporate office is right there on Ulmerton Rd. Enjoy the scenery. Nothing better than Florida weather in the winter.

Comment

That was quick. Glad ya'll had a safe trip.

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

You know what's funny .....I have already been buying some furniture pieces and I have discovered an interesting thing about Florida furniture stores. A lot of the furniture stores here offer 6 months to a year of complimentary hurricane replacement! That just made my day when they told me that! That was the funniest thing I had heard in a while.

Hey Joe, we need to hook-up and grab a bite to eat and a cold beer. I love seafood so I have already been trying out some of the local places. Looks like there is a bunch to do around here.

Comment

Welcome to Fla. the liquid sunshine state. You are real close to Sunshine Drag Strip. They postponed the last heads up race to Sept. 9th if you are interested in watching that. When you get your 509 done maybe you can race my 68 which hopefully will be done by Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
                      Welcome to Fla. the liquid sunshine state. You are real close to Sunshine Drag Strip. They postponed the last heads up race to Sept. 9th if you are interested in watching that. When you get your 509 done maybe you can race my 68 which hopefully will be done by Dec.
                      I hope that is a real 1/4 mile track. I have no interest in wasting my time at an 1/8th mile kiddy track!

Isn't there a Sunshine Moto also? I am trying to find a track to ride my ATV and my YZ250. Some of the guys around here have mentioned Sunshine Moto. Is it part of Sunshine Dragstrip?

BTW, man people sure do drive slow in this area! They are actually all going the speed limit....I couldn't believe it. I am used to a 80-90 MPH traffic flow in TX. My leadfoot is going to surely get me a few tickets here.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        I hope that is a real 1/4 mile track. I have no interest in wasting my time at an 1/8th mile kiddy track!

Isn't there a Sunshine Moto also? I am trying to find a track to ride my ATV and my YZ250. Some of the guys around here have mentioned Sunshine Moto. Is it part of Sunshine Dragstrip?

BTW, man people sure do drive slow in this area! They are actually all going the speed limit....I couldn't believe it. I am used to a 80-90 MPH traffic flow in TX. My leadfoot is going to surely get me a few tickets here.
                        Nope, sunshine is an 1/8 mile. Hop on 275 south take 75 south, and go east on highway 64, you'll find Desoto Speedway (Bradenton). It's a full 1/4 mile track and they do run Nitromethane there! The Snowbird Nationals will be in late Novermber/early December and there will be a few Nitro Cars but nothing like a national event. Drive time from Clearwater is roughly 35 minutes.

Traffic bites and the only place you'll cook along at that speed is on the interstate when it's not around the typical rush hour. The causeways in a light traffic condition are the only time people cruise along at those speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                          Nope, sunshine is an 1/8 mile. Hop on 275 south take 75 south, and go east on highway 64, you'll find Desoto Speedway (Bradenton). It's a full 1/4 mile track and they do run Nitromethane there! The Snowbird Nationals will be in late Novermber/early December and there will be a few Nitro Cars but nothing like a national event. Drive time from Clearwater is roughly 35 minutes.

Traffic bites and the only place you'll cook along at that speed is on the interstate when it's not around the typical rush hour. The causeways in a light traffic condition are the only time people cruise along at those speeds.
                          I only brought my truck, ATV and dirt bike out here. The TA stayed in New Braunfels. I'll probably get an LS1 F-body while I'm here to play with. I am going to be super busy with work and school as well for the next 20 months.

But, with the "scenery" that is here, I will definitely have to find some play time on the weekends!

Have you ever been to Billy's in Tierra Verde? Everybody is telling me that they have great food and it is a very cool restaurant to visit.

Comment

Congrats on the move. The west coast of Florida is simply awesome. You're right near Busch Gardens which is always a great time, and even simple things like the Sunshine Skyway bridge are cool.

By the way - You need to clarify what you meant when you said "maybe this will be a perfect oppurtunity to meet one of my hot single neighbors!"

J/K Congrats again!
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                              I only brought my truck, ATV and dirt bike out here. The TA stayed in New Braunfels. I'll probably get an LS1 F-body while I'm here to play with. I am going to be super busy with work and school as well for the next 20 months.

But, with the "scenery" that is here, I will definitely have to find some play time on the weekends!

Have you ever been to Billy's in Tierra Verde? Everybody is telling me that they have great food and it is a very cool restaurant to visit.
                              I gotta say that I have no idea anymore. I lived in Tampa some 20 years ago when I went to College and then moved on. I lived in Clearwater again in '98 for a year and moved to the east coast in the Palm Beach areas for a few more years. So much has changed in Clearwater that I don't know what is really happening. We used to go to Clearwater Public Beach for the music festivals, Fishing in the Bay and offshore (really good fishing), Desoto dragstrip for the car fix along with area car clubs, but I'm sure some things haven't changed...... there is a bar on every corner, beaches galore and traffic that will wear on your nerves. The Restaraunts and Bars get sold and names change, part of the experience is finding all the new stuff at your disposal. Tierra Verde is a great area, but there are so many small pockets of beauty that you'll be exploring for quite some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X