Need your prayers for close friends of ours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your prayers for close friends of ours

My best friend Peter Pardoe (all his friends and family call him Rusty) and his wife Jody are both in the hospital this morning for the first dual kidney transplant.
    I am not sure if it is the first in the country or just here in our neck of the woods.
    I grew up with Rusty having known him from as far back as kindergarten.
    My wife and I saw Rusty the other day and he was telling us how the Valley News wanted to do a feature on him and his family and this procedure.
    Rusty works at the Valley news as well, so this was a very close story for the paper as well being that it was one of their own employees.
    Here is a link to the local paper that did an article on it yesterday:
    http://www.vnews.com/09122006/3316123.htm

Please wish them luck and hold both them and their family's in your prayers. It will be a long journey for them, but especially for Jody as this is her second kidney transplant and if it doesn't take she has decided to not go on with dialysis which of course means Rusty and his family will lose her

Steve

Our prayers go out to them and we hope everything goes as planned.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

Toughts and prayers sent!

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Well, my wife and I talked to (Peter) Rusty last night.
        He was in recovery and pretty drugged up but was happy to see us.
        He had not seen his wife since they originally went in but he had been able to talk to a doctor after the operations and get a report on how she was doing. So far so good was the report.
        So Rusty said as far as he knew the operations were both successful. He said they should know in about two weeks if Jody's body has any problems with the new kidney at all.
        He is scheduled to actual go home today, probably sometime this afternoon.
        He is going to be staying with his mother who lives in the area until Saturday when his wife comes home.
        Their oldest daughter is married but their son Jeremy who is still in high school is currently staying at friends at the moment until his parents are recovered enough where they can all be home together again.
        Jody, if everything goes well, is scheduled to go home on Saturday.

Thats pretty much all we know right now - but as the doctor said, so far so good

Steve

Comment

wow... thats unreal.... our prayers for sure. what brave folks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Prayers sent.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
            X